CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Zhan spent the afternoon visiting with Mrs

Zhan spent the afternoon visiting with Mrs. Wang, and then he headed back home. As he pulled into the driveway, he noticed a Chevrolet Impala parked beside him. Zhan looked through his tinted window and saw Yibo getting out of the car. His mouth was moving, so he assumed he was on the phone again.

He cut the SUV's engine, dreading for a moment the bitter winds outside. He had just warmed his backside with the seat warmer. When he noticed Ling Xi was awake, Zhan retrieved the little girl from her seat. At the sight of her father, Ling Xi squealed.

"Daddy! Daddy!" she beamed.

Yibo smiled and scooped her up.

Zhan relished in their father-daughter moment, as he carefully picked up Junior from his car seat. He was still asleep.

"Did you have fun with Papa and Grandma?" Yibo asked Ling Xi. She nodded and hugged his neck.

Then he looked over at Zhan.

"You guys have a good time?"

"Yes we did," Zhan answered walking towards the front door toting Junior in his arms along with his diaper bag.

Yibo opened the door for all four of them. Zhan sat Junior in his playpen, while Ling Xi went directly to her room.

Then Zhan strolled into the kitchen and investigated the refrigerator.

"I have no idea what we're eating. Maybe we all can share Junior's baby food," he said.

Yibo replied.

"Junior's custard is not that bad. Are you willing to share with me?"

Zhan playfully rolled his eyes.

"Keep it up, Mr. Wang."

"Since you've been with the kids all day, how about I take care of dinner. I'll cook so you can rest a while," he offered.

"Really?" he replied, resting his elbows on the kitchen counter.

"You sit down. I'll change clothes, and I'll make dinner. Alright?" he reassured him.

Zhan agreed and headed for the couch. He was asleep within mere minutes of his head hitting the pillow. All he could think about was his wedding. How did it go? Was he happy or nervous that day? His imagination took over.

He envisioned himself wearing a beautiful white wedding tux, Zhan visualised marching down the church aisle with his father. He would have celebrated the day with all his family and friends.

Next, he pictured clearly locking eyes with Yibo. Then music flooded his ears and he smiled in his sleep. The gorgeous ambiance of their church wedding enveloped him.

A wedding arch sat upright at the altar, as yellow roses decorated the sanctuary. His sister would have been his matron of honour, and Zhuo Cheng would have been Yibo's best man.