CHAPTER EIGHT

"Come on, Zhan

"Come on, Zhan. What's the big deal with getting Ling Xi dressed,"

Yibo added. He put Junior's bottle in the microwave.

"Let's just say... I'm not quite myself today," Zhan said as he massaged his temples.

"Zhan, all you have to do is help Ling Xi put on the clothes. I think you picked them out for her last night. She's already brushed her teeth, I'll get her some cereal, and I'll take it from there. Okay?" Yibo said as he took the bottle out of the microwave as soon as the timer went off.

He told him.

"Hold out your wrist real quick." Zhan held out his wrist as Yibo squirted some of the milk on it.

"I think that's warm enough," Zhan responded not knowing how he knew that.

Yibo nodded and put the bottle in Junior's mouth. The little boy held it up with his own hands.

"How old is he again?" he wondered.

Yibo furrowed his eyebrows but answered,

"Seven months."

His hand remained on the back of the
bottle.

"Come on, Papa. I got to get ready for Grandma's," Ling Xi said taking Zhan's hand.

"Yibo seriously. I'm not sure if I can do this," Zhan argued.

"You make it sound like you're going to break her or something," he stated still feeding Junior.

"Yibo, I'm not a parent. I woke up this morning here."

"Honey, is this one of your jokes again?"

"No, I'm not joking Yibo."

"Come on Papa," Ling Xi interrupted again.

"Zhan, just get Ling Xi dressed. I can take her over to my mom's okay. I have to get to work soon,"

Yibo stated.

Zhan sighed still bewildered by the whole situation. He looked into Ling Xi's face. She definitely favors me.

"I'll try," he conceded and followed Ling Xi to her bedroom.

Once in Ling Xi's room, Zhan helped as best he could while observing the room. Purple and pink stars decorated the walls, with a twin-sized bed in the corner.

Ling Xi had her own pink tea party table and chairs in the other corner. Teddy bears rested in the seats as if waiting for her. She also had a purple toy chest on the other side of the room. Zhan gathered Ling Xi's clothes that laid on her bed. As soon as she was dressed, Zhan rose up from his knees.

"Wait, Papa. You have to do my hair,"

Ling Xi reminded him pulling her shirt down her small torso.