CHAPTER SEVEN

Zhan tossed and turned until he found a comfortable spot

Zhan tossed and turned until he found a comfortable spot. The alarm clock went off, causing him to jerk. It continued to beep until someone turned it off. Zhan fluttered his eyes open. The room around him was not familiar at all. He heard a man moan as the bed shifted. Then he put his arm around his waist. Zhan gasped in fear, as he did not know where he was. Who was the man in bed with him?

He closed his eyes thinking it was a dream. He could wake up from it. All he had to do was squeeze his eyes shut. The trick had worked when he was a kid when nightmares haunted him. He could easily escape terror then, and this time was no different.

Zhan opened his eyes again, but he was still in the same room. The man's arm was still around him.

Next, he overheard a baby cry in the background. The man beside him groaned this time, just before he felt the bed shift once more. Then he was on his feet. When he patted Zhan's foot, he watched as he put on a sleeveless t-shirt.

"I'll get him, Babe," he said, still sounding sleepy.

Zhan jumped up at the man's voice.

"Yibo?" That can't be him, could it?

He examined the bedroom.

His eyes finally gazed at a picture on the nightstand. It was a picture of him and Yibo- a wedding picture. Zhan's eyes widened as he stared at his left hand. I'm wearing a ring. Yibo had proposed the same solitaire diamond ring, and a simple platinum wedding band accompanied it. It suited Zhan perfectly. Still stunned, he leaped out of the queen-sized bed. The situation baffled him. He asked himself, what's happening to me? Is this a dream?

At that point, Yibo returned with a baby in his arms. Zhan paced the floor talking to
himself.

"Honey, are you okay?" he wondered.

Zhan faced him as he cradled the baby in his arms. While his manly physique was evident with his arms and torso, he looked endearing and gentle holding an infant. Drawn to him all over again, his stomach fluttered.

"What?"

Zhan choked.

"Are you okay? You were talking to yourself," Yibo replied. He continued to rock the baby in his arms.

"I don't know. I'm a little... confused," he responded. He cradled his head and sat on the bed.

Then Zhan heard someone running down the hallway. A little girl entered the room. She was wearing pink pajamas with purple stars, and her hair was in pigtails. She favored Zhan with her bright smile and a mole in her lower lip.

"Morning Papa," the little girl grinned.

Zhan's eyes widened his mind in disbelief.

"Papa? Oh my... this can't be... wow..."

The little girl tried to sit on his lap. Zhan froze too stunned to move. The little girl ended up sitting on his feet.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Yibo repeated as he placed the baby on the bed.