CHAPTER TEN

"Zhan

"Zhan... Zhan."

A tap on his shoulder disturbed his slumber. His eyes focused and noticed Yibo standing over him. Zhab adjusted on the couch, careful not to wake Junior who snoozed on his chest.

Yibo asked,

"I saw what happened to dinner."

"Enjoy the pizza," Zhan mumbled.

He chuckled.

He shook his head in disapproval.

"Don't do that."

"I know you tried," Yibo replied. He carefully picked up Junior.

Zhan scratched his head.

"You bet I did."

"I'll get Junior to bed."

He carried off sleeping Junior, and Zhan rubbed his tired eyes. It had truly been an eventful day.

He eventually moseyed to the kitchen but rested his head on his forearms on top of the counter. He moaned when he felt strong hands caress his backside.

"Zhan, go to bed. I'll finish cleaning up."

He smiled at his kind gesture.

"Everything's clean just put the box in the
refrigerator."

He took his advice and strolled to
their bedroom.

After slipping his feet out of his slippers, Zhan plopped on the bed. He heard Yibo behind him and pulled the covers over his body. He rested on his backside, but his eyes remained open.

Zhan observed as Yibo took off his shirt and loosened his tie. His smile grew until he turned around.

He quickly shut his eyes, hoping he didn't notice. Apparently, he did, since he felt the bed shift. He had to be sitting next to him. Zhan, however, kept his eyes closed until he felt his soft lips kissing his forehead.

Knowing his grin gave him away, he opened his eyes.

"I thought you were sleep," he stated
while stroking his hair.

"I'm too tired to go to sleep,"

Zhan joked.

"That bad?"

He shook his head.

"Just... long. Very, very, long."

"You didn't have fun with Junior?"

"I had the best time changing his diapers,"

Zhan replied teasingly.

Yibo shook his head at him.

"It was okay," he stated.

"How come you didn't answer when I
called? I was letting you know we were going to be home late."

He mumbled,

"I couldn't find my phone."

"You what?"

Zhan's eyes widened.

"I mean... I was trying to feed Junior. I didn't really pay attention to who was
calling me." He hoped he had redeemed himself, even though it was a lie.

Yibo conceded.

"I'll buy it for now."

He rose to his feet, but he held him back. With a gentle tug, he sat back down and hovered over him. His hands rested on his shoulders. There was still a hint of the woodsy cologne on his body. Zhan loved the aroma.

"How was your day?" He asked. If only this wasn't a dream.

He never wanted to wake up.

"Same as yours, but I didn't have to
change diapers," he teased.

Zhan playfully hit his arm. Yibo laughed, caught his hand, and lowered his face to his. His heart raced as their lips touched. It had been too long since they had kissed. What did all this mean? Was it merely a dream or something.more? Though it had only been a day, Zhan was falling for him.

Yibo finally pulled away, but he stroked his lips with his fingers. Even the silence between them didn't seem awkward. They stared at each other for a moment and
then he kissed him again. Zhan could feel his heart melting like candle wax. One last peck to his mouth, he rose again to his feet and walked to the bathroom.

Zhan heard the shower running. Then he turned onto his right side and closed his eyes.

He wanted to go to sleep but didn't want to ruin his dream. When Yibo came out of the bathroom, he was still awake. He joined him in the bed and put his arm around him as he did that morning.

Zhan rested in his embrace. Don't go
away, he thought. Please don't go away.