CHAPTER SIX

Zhan opened the door to his craftsman styled house after he pulled into his driveway

Zhan opened the door to his craftsman styled house after he pulled into his driveway. He placed his shopping bags in a corner and walked to his bedroom. He changed his clothes, went and grabbed the shopping bags, and wrapped the presents he was talking to his family.

Zhan couldn't deny it. Yibo crossed his mind, again. He thought about the good times they'd shared before he asked him to marry him. He was truly his college sweetheart.

I wondered what would have happened if I had said yes. Where would we be right now?

Zhan rose from his place on the floor and
walked over to the window. He remembered the first time he and
Yibo met. 

****

It was Zhan's second year at XX University, where Yibo was a new transfer student.

They met in the student union as Yibo was walking away from the counter with his food order. Zhan was reading a passage from his book when he accidentally bumped into him. His drink and food spilled over them and the floor.

"I'm so sorry. I thought I was watching where I was going,"

Zhan said apologetically.

"That's alright. Are you okay?"

Yibo replied. He picked the remaining French fries out of his hair.

Zhan smiled even though he was embarrassed.

"I'm okay. Thanks for not being upset. I know I should've paid more attention." He picked up his books.

"Well if you did, we probably wouldn't have met," Yibo said with a heartwarming smile.

"I'm getting the feeling you're flirting with me," Zhan responded returning the kind
gesture.

"If I told you I was, would you go out with me tonight?" Clearly taken with him,
Zhan mulled over his offer.

"Maybe, but I don't know you that well to go out with you."

He joked,

"That's the whole point of going out with me so you can get to know me."

Zhan thought about it, but he was not sure if he should agree.

"I don't know."

"What's your name?" Yibo asked.

"Zhan. Xiao Zhan," he answered.

"I'm Wang Yibo. Nice to meet you,"

he replied as he extended his hand.

Zhan took it kindly, loving how his thumb grazed over his knuckles. They rose up from the floor as the employees came to clean up the mess.

He suggested,

"How about this Zhan, why don't we make it a group thing. You invite your friends and I'll invite mine. If you like it, then we can go on a date by ourselves. If not, I'll never bother you again."