CHAPTER TWO

When Zhan ended the conversation with his father, he entered the parking lot of his favourite Italian restaurant

When Zhan ended the conversation with his father, he entered the parking lot of his favourite Italian restaurant. His wool coat shielded his slim frame, as he walked to the entrance. Before he addressed the hostess, he stopped by the men's room. As he washed his hands, he observed his reflection. His dark brown hair, complimented his skin. The shirt he wore underneath his suit was black, his leather boots gave him a sophisticated look, and he mixed some gold jewelry with silver.

Today it was flawless, despite the bitter winds outside. His black suit contained white stripes, which fitted his slim body exactly the way he wanted it to. Zhan was proud of himself for staying active. Thank goodness for Pilates. Once he approved his appearance, he exited the restroom.

The female hostess, who directed him to his table, greeted him. Zhan chose to sit by the window just to admire the day. The meteorologist predicted more snow was coming, and joy beamed inside him. There was nothing like a white Christmas for the holiday season. Even though he lived in the city, he reveled in the snow.

Finally, a waiter dressed in black and white came by his table and took his drink order. As he waited for him to return, he glanced over his appointment book. Aside from his appointment with Mr. and Mrs. Jiang, he had three more sessions the following day.

He loved his job. He loved getting to help people and making a difference in their lives. Zhan didn't want to do anything else. Though he had various choices for a major in college, psychology won easily. His thoughts interrupted when the waiter returned with his drink. Zhan smiled and ordered his beloved lasagna. When he handed him back the menu, he made
eye contact with a man in a black coat with a gray scarf around his neck. His eyes fluttered in disbelief. Was he imagining things or was this person real? Wang Yibo, he wondered. It couldn't be his old college boyfriend.

His mouth slightly opened in shock. He was here, literally. He wondered should he get up and leave, but then his darl brown irises locked with his. He recalled them as if it were only yesterday. Yibo smiled his way, but then directed his attention to the hostess. Then he was walking towards Zhan's table.

He nibbled on his bottom lip. His nerves went into overdrive. What would he say to him? It had been seven years since he had last seen him, and even then, the memory was a heartbreaking one. It seemed as if Yibo was walking in slow motion. He swore that time paused and he was in a movie as it slowed the scenes for dramatic effects. He couldn't help but stare as he approached his table.

He looked the same. However, unlike the jeans and hoodies he sported in college, he now wore a charcoal business suit underneath his black trench coat. Yibo's hair appeared freshly cut, and his bright smile beamed. Zhan had loved his milky white skin, recalling how at one time he thought it made his kisses that much sweeter. He smiled at the recollection of their romantic moments.

"Xiao Zhan," Yibo began,

"I can't believe it."

"Wang Yibo. I had to look a second
time. I couldn't believe it myself," he managed to say in response.