20.) Sibling Dramas

I was woken up when my pillow started to move. It took me a few seconds to realize that Kale was my pillow and he was awake, moving out from underneath of me.

“Good morning.” I mumbled, opening my eyes and resting my head on the pillows when Kale stood up. I didn’t bother to rip my eyes from his shirtless back. I didn’t have that amount of will power this early in the morning, so I just stared shamelessly.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you.” He said in a shaky tone. “I’m going to go shower.”

“Okay.” I said slowly, watching as he hurried into the bathroom on the other side of the room.

I closed my eyes again when the door shut behind him and the shower started running. Almost within seconds of being alone, my phone started bursting with Libby’s ringtone.

With a grumbled response, I stood up and found my shorts near the small couch and fished my phone out.

“Hello?” I mumbled, plopping back down on the bed, still glazed with fatigue.

“Are you still mad?” She asked nervously.

“No.” I sighed. “Of course not.”

“Good because you need to tell me what’s up.” She demanded lightly.

“I’m still a virgin.” I made clear for her.

“Good.” She said again. “Is he a virgin?”

My face twisted with confusion. “What?”

“Well, do you know if he’s done it or not?” She asked.

“I don’t know, Libby. Probably.” I mumbled, stuffing my face into the pillow. “I mean, he’s hot.”

“But you don’t actually know?” She persisted.

“No, I don’t actually know.”

“Don’t you feel pressure, though?” She asked. “I mean, when I was dating Kyle, he wasn’t a virgin, but I was and I felt like I had no idea what I was doing, but he was so experienced and he’d leave me if I wasn’t good.”

“I don’t feel pressure.” I assured her. “I doubt I’ll need to worry about that for a while, anyway.”

“Where are you now?”

“I’m at his house.” I squeaked with a blush. “I kinda spent the night.”

“And you didn’t do the dirty?” She asked, I could practically hear her raised eyebrows of judgment.

“No, we just kissed. A lot.” I said shyly.

“Well, where is he?” Libby asked.

“Taking a shower.”

“This early?”

“Yeah, he woke me up on accident getting out of bed.” I told her.

This made Libby start laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I demanded.

“Oh, Holly.” She breathed. “You know, guys don’t take random morning showers for nothing.”

“What do you-“ And then realization hit me as hard as a boulder rolling down a cliff. “Oh, Libby!” I shrieked quietly. “You don’t think he-“

“Definitely.” She told me firmly.

“Nuh- uh.” I mumbled. “No way.”

“Holly, think about it. Morning wood happens to the best of them.”