12.) Making Up

"Sure you don't want to talk about it?" Ryder asked when we were half way home.

I gave him a dead stare before turning back to turn my gaze out the window. "Positive." I mumbled.

"I'm sure whatever he did, he didn't mean it."

"Then we'll talk about it in the morning."

"But you couldn't have talked about it tonight so I didn't have to drive all the way out here?" He asked.

"Ryder." I sighed. "Can we not do this? I'm not really in the mood."

"Yeah, I can tell." He mumbled.

"It's just, I thought that he would get it." I blurted, causing Ryder to look over at me, waiting for me to go on. "Before Jackson became famous, Libby was my only friend and it sucked. But then that movie came out and everyone wanted to be my friend and even if they really did want to be my friend, I couldn't trust that they weren't just using me. It was lonely. And when I got here I thought 'wow, this guy must know how that feels' and then tonight, he told me that I don't understand. That it's not the same because I'm a girl. He's such an ass."

"He didn't mean it." He said after a moment of silence.

"How do you know?" I asked, quickly wiping a tear away from my face.

"Because I know my brother." He chuckled.

"Whatever." I choked right as my phone started ringing in my phone. I quickly pulled my phone out of my purse. "Hello?" I asked.

"Hey, Kale just pulled up but you aren't with him, where are you?" Jackson asked.

"Why is he home? The movie isn't even over yet."

"Beats me. What happened?"

"I'll be home soon." I said before hanging up and leaning my head on the window.

"You're home now." Ryder piped.

I looked up to notice that we were in fact in Ryder's driveway and the car was stopped.

"Thanks for the ride." I said quietly and getting out of the car. I also noticed that Kale's car in the driveway with Kale sitting on the porch.

"Yeah, no problem." Ryder said, also getting out of the car.

"Uh, goodnight." I said, turning towards Jackson's house and hurrying through the yard, which was very difficult considering I was in heals. I just didn't want Kale to follow me because tonight, I just didn't want to talk to him right now.

"Holly, wait!" He yelled from behind me.

Unable to ignore him, I spun around, surprised that he was so close to me. "Can we not talk tonight?"

"I just want to say that I'm sorry, okay?" He asked.

"You don't have to say sorry." I said quickly. "I probably won't understand." Okay, horrible comeback. But I was mad. I spun around and started walking back to the house, just desperately wanting to get away from Kale right now.

Luckily, he doesn't follow me this time. I walked into the living room of Jackson's house but Jackson wasn't downstairs. I let out a sigh of relief and hoped that I could make it into my room without Jackson's interrogation. I tiptoed on the ball of my feet to prevent the click of my heals up the stairs and down the first hallway to my room. When the door shut behind me I took another sigh of relief and walked to the closet.

I got dressed in line green sweat pants and a black tank top before tossing my hair in a loose pony tail down my right shoulder. I was about to brush my teeth when my phone started ringing from my nightstand where I'd left my purse. I fished out my phone and pushed the green button when I saw that it was Libby.