3.) Hollywood Parties

"Are you ready?" Jackson asked as we stepped out of the car. He handed his keys to the valet and looped his arm, offering me his elbow.

My hair was in a loose braid down my left shoulder and my makeup was light, but noticeable. I mean, I only had an hour, even if i wanted to build a cake on my face, time didn't allow that.

Jackson was wearing a button down shirt and black dress pants. It seemed boring to me but then again, most of the male wardrobe seems boring to me.

I put my shaky hand in the crook of his elbow and let him lead me through the crowd of cameras by front of the door. I kept my eyes closed due to all of the painfully bright flashes and let Jackson be my eyes as we made it to the door while people shouted questions at Jackson. Wow, people really love him. Once inside, I opened my eyes and my jaw dropped a little bit at the scene inside. It was gorgeous. The lighting was dim and there were neon tables and a neon bar with neon lights on the dance floor. Everything was black, but then outlined with neon lighting. It was very... neon.

"This is so cool!" I shouted over the music with a stupid grin on my face.

Jackson laughed at my amazement. This was probably just a regular night for him, no biggie at all. "C'mon, let's go over here." He said, leading me towards a small group of people off to the side of the enormous crowd of people, who were dancing to some incredibly loud pop song remix. If my ears weren't lying to me, it was Katy Perry, and my ears are usually pretty honest. I squeezed Jackson's arm tighter so that I didn't lose him in the crowd, and because I was insanely nervous. I am in a room with the most famous people in the English-speaking world. And I'm just the weird girl from Minnesota. I'm going to embarrass myself. It's bound to happen.

"Tommy, hey!" Jackson interrupted my thoughts as we approached the group of people. Jackson threw his arm back and then brought it forward, colliding it with another person's hand as they did that guy handshake. You know, that one that 100% of the male population understand, but not a single girl can get it? Yeah, that thing. I still don't understand it. I followed the stranger's arm up to his face and nearly fainted when I was met with Tommy Kidder's bright blue eyes. His short brown hair cased his cute face perfectly and he towered over me. I never thought he was as tall has he was, but he was tall. And so... real. Right in front of me.

"What's up, Jackson? Thanks for coming," His sexy deep voice roared over the music. I've been kind of in love with him and his beautiful melodic voice ever since last year when he released his first album. His voice is so deep and when he sings it's amazingly sweet. I just love him, basically.

I squeezed harder onto Jackson's arm, trying not to pass out from lack of oxygen. "Ow, Holls. Let go," He laughed, shaking my grip off of his arm and taking no sympathy for me. I reluctantly let go of his shirt but I couldn't move my body, or say any words.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend," Tommy's beautiful voice said, his dazzling blue eyes landing on me and his mouth curled into a heartwarming smile. He looked so friendly, like a teddy bear. If I wasn't so starstruck, I probably would have involuntarily given him a hug. Which would have probably made this situation much worse, now that I think about it.

I had to at least try to protest against his assumption, no matter how hard it would be to make my voice audible. "I-I-I-I, n-no, I-I-I." Okay, so instead of telling him that we weren't a couple, I sounded like a drunk seal. Luckily, Jackson harshly nudged my shoulder to shut up my attempt so that he could speak.

"This is Holly. My sister," He explained to Tommy with ease.

Tommy's smile grew wider and he put his hand out towards me. "Nice to meet you, Holly," He greeted me. My name sounded like heaven when he said it. Did he expect me to shake his hand? I could barely breathe right now, let alone move. Let alone touch Tommy Kidder's hand.

I held my breath and lifted my hand up to his. His grip was firm and his hand was soft and warm. I dropped my hand again, forcing myself not to open my mouth and speak because if I did, it would come out as a very high pitched squeal, followed by me passing out. That wouldn't be a good way to start my first Hollywood party.

"I didn't know your sister was coming tonight," Tommy said, turning his attention towards Jackson again, thank god. I don't think I could have handled another second of his blue eyes on me.

"Yeah, she just got in today so I decided to bring her out and introduce her to everybody," He explained.

"Is she okay?" Tommy asked, giving me a strange look.

Jackson put his fingers on my chin and pushed up, closing my attractively dropped jaw. "Yeah, she just got into town so she's still adjusting to the whole celebrity thing."

Tommy nodded, seemingly trying to understand the situation. "So I saw Kale, where's his brother?" He asked, looking around the crowded room.

"Around somewhere," Jackson muttered.

"I'll have to find him later. Are you still having the fourth of July party?" He asked Jackson.

Jackson nodded. "Holly's going to sing for us."

"I don't sing" I said quickly, my face flushed red as I glared daggers at Jackson before I looked to Tommy, "I-I don't sing." I repeated.

Jackson nodded his disagreement. "Yeah you do. Remember when you sang at the Christmas party a few years back?"

"I-I don't sing." I repeated once more, it seemed to be the only thing that would come out of my mouth.

"And she plays guitar." He continued, like I wasn't even talking.

"Jackson!" I gave him a dirty look. Sure, I play guitar for fun sometimes but, this guy plays guitar for millions of people so his standards of what is considered 'playing a guitar' are probably very different than mine. "Shut up!"

"You're modesty is adorable. You don't meet too many modest people in this town," Tommy said with a grin. Adorable? One of the most famous singers, let alone one of my favorite singers, just called me... adorable?

My face burned a brighter red as I let a giggle escape my lips. "Thanks." Then I looked up to Jackson. "Hear that, Jackson? I'm adorable."

"Yeah, like an annoying mouse." He grumbled.

I huffed and lightly shoved him, then looked up at Tommy who was watching us with amusement. "You might want to say your last goodbyes to Jackson because he's going to be dead the next time he closes his eyes," I warned the celebrity.

Tommy seemed amused at our sibling bickering. "Yeah, well I should probably go find Andy."

"Wait." Jackson said, looking in the direction of the doors with a smile on his face. An excited, troublesome smile. I hated that smile, nothing ever good came of that smile. "You don't want to miss this."

"Miss what?" I asked him, trying to match his gaze but before I could see anything worth smiling evilly about, Jackson grabbed my shoulders and shifted me towards the doors that we came in. When I saw what he was smiling about, I don't think I really remember what happened after that.

Jackson pointed a finger in the direction of the figure walking through the doors. "Look, Holly. It's your boyfriend."