10.) Good Nights

“Did you guys have fun?” Jackson asked once I got back home with all ten bags in hand since Ryder just went back to his house. We were both incredibly exhausted.

“Yeah. We went to a late lunch with Darren and Danny, the body guards. They were really cool. I’m so exhausted, though. What time is it?”

“It’s only five. Did you get all the clothes you need?” He asked as I plopped down on the couch next to him.

“Yeah, I’m all good. So what are we doing tomorrow?” I asked, closing my eyes lightly and listening to the rumble of whatever Jackson was watching on TV.

“I don’t know. What do you want to do?” He asked.

“I guess we’ll just wing it.” I sighed.

“Oh, I think Kale said he needed to ask you something.”

Just the mention of his name woke me up. My eyes shot open and I looked intently at Jackson. “What’d he say?” I asked excitedly.

He shrugged. “Just that he needed to talk to you or something.”

I groaned. “But I’m so tired.”

“You’re going to ignore Kale?” He asked dramatically. "What if he hates you forever?"

I hit him on the arm as I stood up and dragged my feet towards the elevator.

“That hurt.” Jackson called when I pushed the button on the elevator.

“Good.” I huffed as the doors closed behind me.

I leaned against the wall of the elevator and closed my eyes, hoping to get a moment of sleep before the beep of the elevator dropped me off at my floor. But to my dismay, the ding came way too early and then I was on the right floor, stumbling down the hall and into my room before plopping face first into the feathery warmth of my bed.

After a few minutes of laying in peace with my eyes closed, curiosity finally won over against my great fatigue and I reached for my phone before realizing that I didn’t have his number.

This left me with three options. 1- Call Jackson for Kale’s number. 2- Walk over to Kale’s house. 3- Sleep.

Option one left a lot of room for teasing and although option three seemed very appealing, I had to know what Kale wanted.

With a loud groan, I flipped off of my bed and walked over to the mirror on my dresser and brushed through my hair but I was way too tired to put on makeup. I looked out the window and to my dread, I saw rain. Really thick rain, which made no sense because it was perfectly sunny about half an hour ago.

I put a pink hoodie over my head and marched downstairs, getting more eager and nervous with every step. When I got downstairs, I saw Jackson on the couch, still watching some show on the huge TV.

“I’m going.” I called.

“What happened to your deathly tiredness?” Jackson teased.

“I’m a fighter.” I shot back, pulling up the hood of my hoodie, covering my blonde waves and opening the door and shutting it behind me, instantly being pelted with harsh rain drops.

I walked quickly across the yard and towards the West’s house. When I got there, my hoodie was already  soaked but I kept my head ducked in hopes to keep my hair dry. I crossed my arms across my chest then knocked on the door a few times.

Just a little bit longer and the door swung open. I looked up to see Kale looking back at me with a confused/ worried expression on his gorgeous face.