8.) Morning talks

When I woke up, I felt something underneath of me that didn’t feel like a pillow. And something above me that didn’t feel like a blanket. After a short moment of remembering how I’d fallen asleep, I put two and two together and realized that I was laying on Kale’s lap. And when I felt the thing on top of me breathing heavily, I could tell that he had leaned over and fallen asleep on my back.

I just laid there for a long time, just listening to his deep slumbering breaths. That sounds creepy, I know. But it felt good and peaceful. I liked hearing him breathing down my back.

But eventually, my tummy growling at me was enough to get me to rustle myself out from underneath of Kale and stand to my feet. I was happy to say that my head no longer had the aches and pains of yesterday, it felt normal again. After taking a quick shower, I stumbled my tired self into the large, empty walk in closet where I had put my two suitcases and pulled out a pair of dirty shorts (gross, I know. But I wasn’t about to wear pants in the middle of a California summer.) and I also noticed that I didn’t even have any more clean t-shirts. I looked around my room to see if I could have forgotten one in my room somewhere, but instead of finding my own shirt, I found a plain black t-shirt that was way too big for me. That’s when I realized that Kale must have taken his shirt off before he went to sleep, because he was still asleep and very, very shirtless.

I tore my eyes away from him for long enough to take the shirt from the bed and slip it over my bra clad top before staring in a daze at him once again. Gosh, this boy is incredible. Even if he’s sleeping, he’s amazing.

I debated for a long while if I should wake him up or not and then just decided to go for it. I really wanted to hear his voice, anyway.

I sat down at the edge of my bed and put my hand on his shoulder. “Kale.” I said softly. “Wake up.”

It took me five minutes to wake that boy up and when he did, his eyes fluttered open to engross me in his intense green eyes. Man, I loved those eyes.

“Wha?” He asked tiredly.

I couldn’t help but giggle at his tired voice. “I’m going to make breakfast, do you want some pancakes?”

“You can cook?” He asked, sitting up straight with raised eyebrows.

“I can cook pancakes.” I corrected him. “I’ll go get them started.”

“Wait.” He said as I got up off of the bed. “Why are you wearing my shirt?”

“Well, so you can’t, silly.” I said with an innocent smile before walking the rest of the way out of the room and downstairs with my iPhone and ear buds in hand.

When I got downstairs, neither Jackson or Ryder were anywhere so I just figured they were still sleeping or at Ryder’s house, it was still pretty early.

I stuffed my earbuds in my ears and then started blasting music in my ears as I gathered the stuff to make pancakes and sang along to I Won’t Give Up by Jason Maraz. 

I poured the powdery pancake powder into the big bowl and then added the measured water before cracking in two eggs and then stirring to the beat as I also swung my hips with the stirring. When the ear buds in my ears started playing that new Taylor Swift song. Aka, the catchiest song I’ve ever listened to in my life, I started dancing like a crazy person and singing loudly.

“I remember when we broke up the first time. Saying this is it, I've had enough, 'cause like, We haven't seen each other in a month, When you, said you, needed space, what? Then you come around again and say. Baby, I miss you and I swear I'm gonna change. Trust me, remember how that lasted for a day. I say, I hate you, we break up, you call me, I love you…”