23.5) Concluding- Through Kale's Eyes

Kale's POV

“Just hit it.”

“I can’t!”

“Focus.”

“I am!”

“Eyes on the ball.”

“They are!”

“Stop whining.”

“I’m not!”

She was. Holly couldn't understand baseball worth her life, but it was addorable and incredibly entertaining to watch her trying. And the fact that her tank top and shorts were clinging to her body thanks to the heat wasn't helping her.

She couldn't get baseball, but I absolutely loved her for trying. I actually loved her for everything she did. Wow, that sounded really cheesy. But I don't know how she's doing this, we've been out here for two hours. If she asked me to dance with her, there would be no way. 

"Don't hit me." She huffed with an entertaining scowl on her face.

I smirked at her stubborness. "I'll try not to."

I threw my arm back and then released the ball at the slowest possible pace that I could. But no surprise, the ball flew past her as she swung the bat too late.

"Throw it slower." She told me with that amusing pout.

I couldn't hold back a bark of laughter. "That's as slow as I can throw it." I defended.

"Well then there is no hope for me." She dropped the bat into the dust of the diamond and started walking closer to me. I noticed how much harder it was getting to contain myself and not reach out and touch her. "Can we take a break?"

"You're so cute when you pout." I said, voicing my mind. When she got close enough, I gave up on my internal battle and cupped her face in my hands.

I noticed Holly blush, she does that a lot. It's so amusing to watch her blush at the smallest things. "You're very sweaty." She mumbled. 

I leaned down and gave her a short kiss. "Then we better go take a shower." I teased with a smirk. She was leaning in to kiss me and it took all of my self control to pull away and walk back to pick up the bat at the last second.

"You're such a tease." She whined.

The next thing I know, her arms are wrapped around me and her body is pressed against my back. I could feel her lips brushing against my ear, making my breath short. "Is anybody at your house?" She whispered.

My throat became dry. "No, why?" I managed to speak as my mind ran with possibilities. Man, what the hell did this girl do to me?

“I think your Jacuzzi is much better for a big bubble bath.” She whispered. I knew what she was doing, but damn, it was working. Why did I get myself into this mess? My skin shivered when she nipped at the lobe of my ear and I could feel the stress at my zipper. I know Holly could tell too because she giggled. “I’m not the only one so easy to tease." And then she was walking away.

When I finally snapped out of the haze that she put me in, I started going after her. “Wait, were you serious?”

She looked back at me with an innocent grin and confirmed my unfortunate assumption. "Nope."

“Tease.” I mumbled, putting my arm over her shoulder and holding her close.

As we walked back to the houses, we started talking about random things and I'd say anything just to hear that laugh. Again, cheesy. But that's just what she did. She turned me into a cheesefest. The worst part was that I didn't mind. Sure if any of the guys, even if Elle heard me say the things I think, I'd get teased until the end of time. I'm not ashamed of loving Holly, but just the ways I say it in my mind. How am I supposed to tell her that I love her? When? And how am I supposed to tell other everyone else?

"I'll see you in a little bit." She chirped with a small kiss once we got to where our houses split.

"See ya." I mumbled, still caught up in my thoughts. I turned around and started to walk back to my house, since we agreed to shower and then meet up again at my house.

"I love-" She spoke, but then she stopped talking. I whipped my head around with excitement. Was she really about to say what I thought she was going to say? "Um, I love the outfit I have picked out for the amusement park this weekend." She said in a flustered stutter that gave away her lie. "It's super cute."

I didn't let her know that I knew she was lying because I could tell that she was freaked out so I just smiled. "Anything looks cute on you." And I headed for the door.

Was she going to tell me that she loves me? If she was, why didn't she actually say it? Of course I love her. I mean, I want to be with her every second of every day, I'd do anything for this one girl. She means more than the world to me, so yeah. I love Holly. 

I showered (A cold shower, thanks to her.) and then waited for Holly to call or to just show up, but after half an hour of waiting, I decided to just call her. She had to come over because we had to talk about what almost happened. I'll just tell her that I love her, no matter what she thinks, she should know.

"Hey." She chirped on the other end when she picked up.

“Hey, are you coming?” I asked, maybe a bit nervously.

“Oh my gosh, I totally got carried away with something.” She said, again using that flustered voice that she used earlier.

"Is everything okay?" I asked slowly and cautiously.

“Um, y-yeah.” Holly choked. “I just- Can we skip today? I should really call my dad and since I haven’t called in a while, he’ll probably want to talk for a while.”

I sighed a disappointed sigh, who knew if I'd get the courage to tell her this tomorrow or any other day? "Oh, sure." I mumbled, deciding to give her one more attempt to change her mind. “Are you sure that you’re okay?”

"I'm fine, really." She insisted once more, deflating more of my confidence. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Yeah, alright, bye." I mumbled before hanging up. I hoped I didn't sound like as much of an ass as I felt, kind of hanging up on her like that, but I felt kind of freaked out by everything. 

But I knew one thing that was for sure. I had to tell her tomorrow no matter what.

_______________________________________

So here. If it's not obvious, I don't do guy POVs a lot. Like at all. So I'm sorry if it sucks. 

Oh! And somebody said that I should do "one shots". I've heard of them, but I don't know exactly what they are. So if that sounds like something I should do, message me, IM me or whatever for your opinion. Thanks (:

Vote- Comment- Fan <3