15.) Fair Days

"I'm definitely going to puke." I mumbled, clutching my stomach. We had just gotten off of one of the most spinney roller coasters at the whole fair, which is where Jackson had taken me, just us two. Of course, he had body guards around, but not smothering us. They kept their distance but they were around just in case there were any random weirdoes who felt like attacking my brother.

"That one wasn't even that bad." Jackson said through laughter.

"You didn't just eat a whole funnel cake!" I argued, standing up straight as the dizzy feeling in my head subsided- No puke for now.

"Alright, find." He sighed. "How about the ferris wheel?"

I nodded. "Sure."

We walked through the crowd towards the towering circle that wasn't too far away from where we were standing now. We got a lot of shocked stares and people were taking pictures of us, like they have been all day. It was weird being noticed everywhere I go.

I mean, I know they aren't looking at me, they're looking at Jackson, but it's still weird. Luckily, nobody was hovering over us or screaming at us. Jackson has signed a few autographs, but nothing has gotten in the way of us spending this time together, which I was relieved about.

"So what's up with all the smiles today?" Jackson asked as we made it to the back of the long line.

I shrugged sheepishly. "I don't know. It's just a good day, I suppose."

"You do know that you're a horrible liar, right?" Jackson asked with an amused smile.

"I'm just a happy person." I insisted, grinning widely.

"I'll find out eventually." He confirmed.

I sighed but I still couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. "Okay, so Kale might have asked me out last night. And I might have said yes."

"Really? So I'll have to threaten him and all that big brother jazz?" He teased.

I grinned wider. "Or not."

"I will anyway." He smirked.

"Fine. But you have to listen to all of my girly gushy talk." I said smugly. "Because I have lots."

"You have Libby." He argued. "And Andy."

"I'll tell Libby the stuff that I can't tell you. And it would be weird to talk to Andy about her brother, wouldn't it?" I argued back. "Big brother problems." I added with a cheeky smile.

He sighed heavily. "Fine, go for it."

I smiled and opened my mouth to start talking. I start talking about Kale and his shiny eyes and the way it feels when he smiles at me or holds my hand. I refrain from telling Jackson about the kisses, I'll save that for Libby. I tell Jackson about Kale's cute button nose and his soft hair. We get on the ferris wheel right before I go into detail about his abs and decide that that would also be Libby talk. Once the ferris wheel starts, I decide to spare my poor brother and stop talking about Kale, even though I had so much more to say. I could talk about him for days on end.

"Okay, I'm done." I chirped as our cart moved up just a little bit so that they could reload the carts behind us.

"You really like him, don't you?" He asked with an amused smile.

I smiled back at him. A genuine, warm hearted smile. "Yeah." I said quietly. "I really do."

"Then I'm happy for you." He said with a short nod. "But I will kick his ass if he hurts you."

I chuckled. "I wouldn't expect anything less."

"So what are you going to do after this year?" He asked randomly after a small moment of silence.