#19 When the boys make fun of your southern accent... (Muke)

Luke: "I love you more than Spongebob loves Jellyfishing, Sandy loves karate, Mr. Krabs loves money, and Squidward loves his clarinet. Baby I need you like Plankton needs the Krabby Patty secret formula." Your boyfriend whispers in your ear, pecking your earlobe constantly, making you smile. "Hey, there it is." Luke cheers, snuggling closer to you in the bunk. "There’s what?" You ask, as he points to your lips, "Your smile. I’ve missed it a lot today. What’s been bugging you?"

You don’t want to tell him the truth, only because it wasn’t that big of a deal. It only made you more self conscious to speak around his band. 

"Well…when you went this morning to get coffee for everyone, I was  talking and the boys were making fun of the way I speak. I know I don’t have the best voice and-." Luke cuts you off, "What’d they say?" 

"They were just mocking me. It isn’t that big of a deal Luke, I’m just sensitive because guys from school used to make fun of me all the time." He shakes his head, smiling and kissing your lips. His lips linger on yours for a minute, letting his touch linger. Your heart races as he whispers, "Don’t let them get to you. They’re just a bunch of idiots sometimes." 

You rest on your boyfriends bicep, as he kisses your forehead, “Some guys will want to change everything about you. I’m sorry (Y/N), but the only thing I’ll want to change is your last name.” 

MICHAEL:  You and your boyfriend are shoving cookies into each others mouths, smiling contagiously as he smothers your lips in crumbs and kisses. Once he swallows, there’s one cookie left. He takes it, and you gasp, reaching for it eagerly. You’re in his lap, reaching for the cookie as he settles you down, “The cookie monster once said, ‘sometimes me think what is love. And then me think love is is what last chocolate cookie is for. Me give up the last chocolate cookie for you.’” Michael says, sliding the last cookie into your mouth. He smiles, kissing your lips and lacing his fingers through yours. 

You take Michael’s IPod from him and begin to play random songs on shuffle. You two are singing along when Ashton bangs on the door, looking angry, “Will you guys quit it? I can hear that accent she’s got from China! I’m trying to make a phone call!” Michael can see you’re upset, and he tries to play it off, “What, to your mom? Geez man, relax. Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning?” Ashton rolls his eyes, returning to his phone call. Tears are in your eyes as you ask, “Is my southern accent really that bad, Michael? Be honest, please.” 

He scoffs, his hand running along your waist, “You have the most beautiful voice in the world. Ashton’s just stressed out because his girlfriend is away on a camping trip and he gets jealous when he can’t reach her.” 

Michael pecks your lips as you two close your eyes, suddenly letting exhaustion take over. When he thinks you’re fast asleep, he whispers against your ear, “I didn’t choose you (Y/N), my heart did. I love you so much.”