The curse

Eden's P.O.V.
As I watch my parents scramble to get my sister to safety, I only watch. The castle was in a complete panic thanks to the Evil Queen's curse. No one was paying attention to me, the teenage girl panicking on the inside but remaining calm on the outside. I had heard that my parents wanted me to take my sister and I to a new land but I couldn't leave when all I've known is being Princess Eden. But now, I wasn't even listened to.

"Eden!" I'm brought out of my train of thought as my father shakes me, looking at me with a complete panic. "I need you to take you and your sister and go with Blue. She'll get you to safety." He said. I nod, wanting to do anything to help. My sister was quickly put in my arms as I was on a horse, running to get as far from the curse as I can. I look at my sister who was confused but I keep going, the horse running as fast as my heart was beating.

Was I ever going to see my parents again? Or was this curse going to separate me from my family forever and where would I go? But true love always finds a way back to each other. A stupid sleeping curse couldn't even separate my parents so this one couldn't either, right? But Regina has done so much damage to my family already with aging me. I'm supposed to be a seven year old girl but now I'm almost grown and for what? So that my sister would live without her big sister?

I'm the one who is supposed to look after her, tell her about boys and protect my sister from them, laugh and roll my eyes on Christmas when she wakes me up. Now I don't even know if I will watch her grow up.

The curse quickly was catching up and I kick my horse faster. He was supposed to be the fastest horse in our kingdom and now he decided to not do his best.

"Come on, boy. Not today!" I snap, holding my sister closer. I glance back at me to see the purple smoke just on my horse's tail. I kick his side, needing to get out of this. My senses came over me and I let a tear escape my eye, knowing there was way out of this. "I'm sorry, Emma." I sob, the smoke curling around us as I close my eyes, holding Emma to my chest to protect her as best I could. And just like that, my world went blank.

                                       *****
A pounding in my head caused me to groan, making me shift in my comfortable position. The ground seemed to sway, the sound of footsteps under me making me question if I was actually on the ground. My suspicions our confirmed as I'm set down on something soft.

"I want to make sure something didn't happen to her." A British accent said, soft and soothing almost like silk but also with authority.

"Where do you think she came from?" A gruff, deep and very creepy voice that sounded like he would kill someone if anyone dared question him.

"I don't know. The scouts just......found her. But this was with her, broken but she held onto it." The accent said. I stir slightly, not feeling my crown my mother gave me which was passed down from her mother before she died. It meant a lot to my family and now it was gone. I could only assume they had my crown and it was broken. No. The voices seemed to stop when they saw my movements and I decide to open my eyes, seeing the two.

The first well, boy couldn't be any older than me, sparkling green eyes with hints of gold in them, brunette hair like chestnuts or dirt that that has been rained on just a few minutes ago. His outfit was quite weird and not from where I'm from. A pine green shirt that seemed to be from the forest from a fabric I wasn't familiar with adorned his torso with a deep v neck that had something like brown fishnet under it. His pants weren't leather like I'm used to but brown like his hair with leather boots that went up to his knees, laced up. A leather belt also wrapped around his waist with gold in the middle, holding a map and a pipe of some sort looking like he made it himself. Two cuffs of lighter leather were around his wrist as well.

Looking at the other boy, he was taller, very much taller with sandy blonde hair that looked like it hasn't been washed or brushed in at least a week. A cloak wrapped around his neck that draped down to his legs which were matched with brown pants much like the other boy's, comfortable but wouldn't be a bother. A feather like one you would find on a dream catcher draped from his hair with the scar that ran down his eye and cheek. He crossed his arms at me, almost a protective look for the other boy on his face. Looking at him, he couldn't be any older than the boy next to him either.

Catching my crown on a small table behind them, I see it was broken into pieces.

"My crown." I try to sit up but the brunette came forward, trying to stop me.

"Hey, easy darling, you need to stay down. You've been through a lot." He said and I see he was the one with the accent.

"You don't understand. That crown is important to me." I try to get past him but I was too weak.

"You need to calm down." The boy said, and in an odd way, I listened. I relaxed and sigh in defeat. "Good. Now what's your name?"

"Eden." I look at him.

"Eden, I'm Peter and that's Felix." He gestures to the blonde boy.

"Where am I?"

"Neverland." Felix said in the scariest voice I'll ever hear. I've heard of Neverland only from stories though. Everyone always seemed to avoid the questions I had about the island or even who lived there. All I knew it was where boys who felt unloved by their parents went.

"Felix." Peter growls at the boy.

"Neverland? As in Peter Pan and Lost boys?" I ask almost frightened of knowing the answer.

"You know the story." Peter smiled, directing his attention to me again. I came to terms that the Peter was obviously the leader and he wasn't just a leader. He was the Lost boy's leader. He was the Peter Pan everyone feared, and I was on his island. Fear rushed through me immediately and without even thinking about it, I ran.