October 13th 2014 (Same Day)

I lie down first, Grey joining me a few seconds later. I lay silenty, still unsure of what to say.

"You're disappointed." He mumbled. I closed my eyes, quietly agreeing with him. Not only was he incredibly rude, he thought he had the decision on who I talk to. "No - you're mad."

"I'm both." I whispered.

"I'm disappointed with myself." He said.

"How - how dare you say those things to him?" I say.

"He said them back!"

"I'm not talking about the threats. I'm talking about how he will never touch me. Or I will never touch him." I said.

"It's true."

"It's not your decision." I interrupted. "That wasn't just embarrassing for you and Lincoln, but me too."

"I know and I'm so sorry." He muttered.

"Look, I love you Grey but you can't act like that and expect to get away with it. With what you said about me and to him. Your threats may have been empty but Lincoln's weren't. I don't want you getting hurt because of a stupid comment -"

"I'm not a baby -"

"Well you didn't show me that a few minutes ago." I interjected. He sighed and grabbed around my waist, pulling me close to him.

"Don't worry about me."

"How am I meant to not worry about you?" I whispered. He kissed my shoulder.

"I'll be careful. We just won't come out that we are back together until things die down." He mumbled. I nodded looking at the door.

"I think I'll lock it." I said sitting up and pushing the latch to the side.

"Yeah, that's probably for the best." He said as I lied back down in his arms. "I wouldn't let him do anything to you."

"I wouldn't let him do anything to you." I repeated.

"Hey, it's my job to save you." He said.

"I don't want you to save me. I want you to stand by my side as I save myself." I said.

"I understand." He said, I could feeling him smiling. "Your wish is my command. If you are being chased by a Lurker, I won't touch you or my gun. If a Cobra is about to bite you, I won't hit it with a shovel. If you're about to drink off milk, I won't tell you that's it's out of date, I'll let you vomit until your hearts content."

"Thank you." I mumbled beginning to fall asleep.

+++

I sit on the couch, on my last pages of Lonely Girl. I would rather be talking to Grey, but it's his turn driving tomorrow so he is still asleep. I look up to see Willow walking towards me, looking kind of nervous. I raise my eyebrows at her as she sits down, taking my hand in hers.

"I have to ask you something, and I need your complete honesty." She said.

"You're freaking me out." I said.

"Well, last night, after Nolan died, Beau - kind of asked me to marry him." She said. I scoffed, laughing. But then I realised she wasn't joking.

"What did you say?" I asked.

"I said - yes." She said beginning to smile. I grinned at her. "And I wanted to ask you if - I had your blessing?" She asked.

"Yes - yes of course." I threw my arms around her. "Why after Nolan died?" I asked.

"He said he didn't want to waste anymore time just being my boyfriend. He wanted to be my husband before anything bad happened." She said. "So, we've made a plan to loot the next wedding dress shop we see and pick out a dress, then all the girls will pick out a bridesmaid dress."

"That sounds brilliant." I said smiling.

"I have something else I need to tell you. But I haven't told anyone else, not even Beau." She said becoming serious.

"Shoot." I said my smile fading.

"I don't know for definite, but I am 99% sure," she hesitated, looking around to make sure no ones was listening, "That I'm pregnant." She whispered. My mouth fell open, then turned into a smile.

"No way." I muttered.

"I'm 4 weeks late, and I've begun having morning sickness." She said smiling. I covered my mouth, trying to hold in my excitement.

"When are you going to tell Beau?" I asked.

"Well, it will be a while until I start showing, so maybe after the wedding." She said.

"That's perfect." I said smiling.

"That's what I thought." She said. I threw my arms around her again, squeezing her. This is the most exciting thing to happen to me. My best friend is getting married and is pregnant. "I never thought I would have children when this all went down, and if we stay in the RV we - we could make this work." She said smiling. I nodded.

"No matter where we are, this is going to work. I promise, I'll always be here for you." I said.

"Thank you," she grinned, "Aunty Alex."

"Aunty?" I asked.

"Of course." She said.

"I love you so much!" I said hugging her again.