August 9th 2014

I walk down the hallway, heading for the kitchen when lowered voices make me stop.

"You think we can just sit here playing house? How long is that going to last? And Willow and Parker just letting everyone in..."

"Bennett you need to be less dramatic."

"Zara you ought to get your head out of your ass and smell the roses dear. If we get attacked who do you think everyone will save? The newbie boys and that Ally girl,"

"Alex." Zara interrupted.

"We owe them apparently. They've got guns and she's got a killer back-story. What have you got?" Bennett said to Zara.

"Just as much as you."

"I've got the face. I've already seen half the boys staring at me; I don't need to be told." She said.

"I've got - I mean - I have..."

"Exactly." Bennett said in a cooing voice. "If we stick together, and not let anyone between us, we'll be unstoppable."

"How will I know you will keep your word?" Zara said.

"I saved you once, I will do it again." She said. I heard someone sigh and just assume it was Zara.

"Fine. Let's go before someone notices." Zara said. I hardly had time to hide before both of them stepped into the hall.

"How long have you been there?" Bennett asked.

"Here, in the hallway. A few seconds." I said lying badly. Bennett studied my face before giving up and walking off. Zara waved to me and followed her like a puppy. I sighed and leaned against the wall, sliding down into sitting position. I covered my face with my hands and closed my eyes, I hardly slept last night. There being 8 people in the house we had to share beds. I got put with Willow and she kicks during her sleep.

"Are you okay?" someone said in a soft, smooth voice. I looked up to see Grey standing next to me; staring down on me.

"Just tired." This was the first time I had talked to him.

"Yeah, I was made to sleep on a sofa with Beau, and you know - he is huge." He said laughing.

"Did you just call it a sofa?"

"That's what you got out of it?" he laughed.

"It's called a couch." I said giggling.

"Potatoes tomatoes, potatoes tomatoes." He said smiling.

"That's not what you say." I said correcting him again.

"Do you always do this?"

"Fix grammatical mistakes - yeah I do." I said laughing. He laughed too and looked away.

"It's almost like -"

"Let me stop you right there. It's not almost like it hasn't happened. If it hadn't happened I would still be at my home; with my parents. I don't like pretending it didn't happen because it did, and I have changed and been damaged because of it." I blurted out.

"Well - you're not the only one who's damaged around here." he said doing the staring thing again. I blinked at him; wondering what dark past he's had, but then he walked away and I had to let my mind wander.