August 13th 2014

I walk into the master bedroom on the top floor. No one was allowed to sleep in here because it wasn't fair. The bed was water and had live fish, even though I don't know how they were still alive. I close the door behind me and walk across straight into the walk in robe. We all had our guesses about who owned this house - and we decided that a lady mid 40's lived here alone, except was kept company by her pool boy - that was in it all for the money. The lady was probably into plastic surgery and clothes 3 sizes too small for her.

I look around at the bright and colourful clothes all perfectly hung on racks. They were all women's clothes and around my size. There were a few empty coat hangers - the girl's and I decided for tonight we will dress up and surprise the guys. Everyone had already been in and found the perfect outfit - all except me. I run my hands along the material and smell the cleanness. I had been avoiding mirrors ever since the start of D Day, but I couldn't side step the one at the end of the wardrobe which was a full wall length mirror. I peeked at myself and gasped. I was much thinner, and my black hair looked more brownish. I hadn't been able to straighten it so it was its natural curly state. And I had big dark rings under my boring brown eyes. At least I sort of had a tan now from being outside on guard duties. I miss my make up bag, being able to make myself looked at lest presentable on my worst days. I turn away and focus back on the dresses.

I pull out a red flowy dress that I think might suit me. I hold it out in front of me and look at the size. It's my old size, which was a 12, but now looking at myself I think I might be an 8, at worst a 6. I hadn't even noticed how much my ribs stuck out as well as my hip bones. I always used to want to be skinnier, but now being it, I think it looks disgusting.

"Not that one." Someone said from behind me. I turn to see Zara standing there. I smile at her - we never have been alone together. "You'd suit one that hug your thin petit." She added. Zara was actually really pretty. She was a tanner version of me, with 10x more beauty. She had dark brown beach waved hair, and big brown eyes. 

"My petit has never been this thin." I said hopelessly.

"Yeah, I used to be a size 16, now I am a 12." She said smiling. "At least some good can come from this."

"Size 8 and 6 isn't good." I say looking away from her and back at the dresses.

"But this dress is." she said pulling out a thin white dress. It had a high neck with a gold metal belt. I smiled when I saw it, it was very nice. I had never worn a white dress. "Try it on." She suggested. I bit my lip as she handed it to me. It felt like silk yet it wasn't. I turned as she looked away and took my top off, then my pants, so I was just standing there in my undies and bra. I refused to look up and into the mirror, just in case. I unzipped it and stepped in. I turned back around and walked to Zara, showing her my back she could zip it up. While she did it she ran he cold hands up my spine and I shivered.

The dress fit perfectly, hugging my bony body, but not letting me look too skinny. I looked into the mirror and smiled, I actually looked okay.

"Come here." Zara said grabbing my hand and leading me around the corner. She pushed me down onto the bed and turned her back on me. She faced me again holding a brush and a container of skin coloured powder. She dipped it in and brushed my face with it. She went over my cheeks and my forehead before putting git back and returning with eyeliner. I smiled and closed my eyes as she painted my lids with the black liquid - blowing on them to dry them letting me open. She went over my lips in red lipstick and brushed my eyelashes with mascara. She then got a brush and kneeled on the bed behind me, combing my hair into a tight pony tail, and letting my curls fall. She tied and stepped off the bed, heading back for the wardrobe. I stayed sitting on the bed, finally feeling comfortable. She returned with a gold necklace that hung high close to my neck and matched my belt. She then got me some black heels with a strap across the top of my ankle and fascine them to my feet.

"Stand up and come look." She said grabbing my hand. I wobbled a bit on the heels but soon got used to them. I stood in front of the mirror staring at myself. I looked about 5 years older. I smiled as I did a turn to look at the back of the dress. My make up was perfect. "How do you feel?" she asked.

"Like I could easily get into a nightclub without needing identification." I said laughing. "Thank you."

"That's fine. Just stay up here so no one see's you, then come out in a dramatic way and you'll knock the socks off everyone." She said giving me a thumb up and leaving me in the room alone. I wanted to say bye but I couldn't stop staring at myself smiling.