August 11th 2014 (Same Day)

WILLOW'S POINT OF VIEW

I walk around the corner into the grand foyer alone and smile - Alex didn't follow me. I look over and see everyone huddled sitting on the stairs, having a laugh. I spot Grey in the crowd and walk over, fake laughing and holding my stomach. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy - but they hadn't seen anything yet. Beau was the only one still laughing when I walked over, him smiling at me while everyone stared blank faced. I smiled at him back then looked over to Grey who was day dreaming. I cleared my throat and he snapped out of his faze, looking up at me. I was the only one standing so I was taller than them.

"May I have a quick chat with you Grey?" I asked.

"I was actually just explaining -" I grabbed his collar and pulled him up so his face was in mine. He looked startled and his greyish green eyes were wide.

"You need to come with me." I said savagely. I let go of his collar and walked away - expecting him to follow me. I walked into the kitchen which led to the lounge room, so we could get some quiet. Once I was in the centre of the room I turned to see him walk through the doorway.

"Look Willow -"

"You need to shut the hell up." I said coldly, "What were you thinking?"

"What are you talking about?" he said raising his eyebrows.

"You know Grey. I bet you're not feeling the best right now." I said.

"She told you."

"Of course she told me. How dare you? She has gone through a lot Grey -"

"I feel horrible Willow!" he interrupted.

"I'm sure you do. The other day you had only good things to say about her. Do you know how long she's been in her room reading a depressing book and crying because of you?" I say looking him in the eye.

"It all came out wrong - I don't think she's a jerk or whatever I said." he blurts.

"Look - I am sure you didn't mean any of it - it sounded like you wanted to marry her yesterday. But you need to make it right, I am not going back to tell her how sorry you are. She didn't want me talking to you because you were apparently going to tell me how much of a bitch you think she is - because she thinks that now. She thinks that she is one of the most horrible people on the planet." I whisper. He crinkles his brow and looks down.

"I'll go." He said, "I need to explain myself." I nodded, pointing at the door. He looked at me and smiled slightly, walking off after and out the door. I sighed - I hope I did what she would've wanted.

+++

ALEX'S POINT OF VIEW

I lie down, the book open lying on my chest. I stare at the ceiling imagining what Willow just said to Grey. I hope she was mean to him - actually I don't. He was right; I am a jerk and see everything negatively. I shouldn't let everything affect me like he did though. I shouldn't have approached Nolan like that in front of things. There are lots of things I shouldn't have done but I did - because I am an idiot. The moment I close my eyes I hear a knock at the door and they flutter open. That would be Willow telling me how he was right. I sit up and wipe my tear stained cheeks, pinching them to get colour.

"Come in." I say weakly. The doorknob turns and the door opens slightly; Grey sticking his head in. I make eye contact with him and bite my lip, looking down at the book that had fallen into my lap.

"Can I?" he asked. I nodded, still not looking up. The door squeaks when he opens it fully and steps in, closing it behind him.

"Look; if you came to tell me how much you were right; I don't want to hear it." I said avoiding his eyes and looking up.

"That's not what I came here to do." He said walking up to my bed and sitting down.

"Well what is it then?" I say finally looking at him.

"I want to apol-"

"I don't want your apologies." I said harshly. "Why say sorry when you're just stating facts."

"They weren't facts Alex! They weren't even opinions!" he yelled at me. "Definitely not my opinions." he toned it down.

"Why did you say it then?" I asked.

"I was mad," I scoffed, "Not at you. At something else." He blurted out.

"So you just took your anger out on me?" I say weakly. I bit my lip - don't give him the power to make you cry.

"That's it. I took my anger out on you. Look Alex -"

"I think you should leave." I interrupted. He didn't move, not even a blink. "Leave." I repeated.

"Not until you hear my side."

"I don't want to hear your anything!" I screamed at him.

"Well you're going to. Do you know how crushed I am about how I spoke to you? I have never! I mean never! Spoken to someone I care about as much as I do for you like that. I never in the world would've wanted to speak to you like that! Ever since the night we escaped the house all I have wanted was to keep you safe! Out of harm. I never wanted to see you hurt or cry ever. And now I am the one doing it. Do you know how that makes me feel Alex? Like a piece of shit. I promised myself when this all happened that I won't get a emotional connection to anyone because one of you will die and if it's the other person I know I won't want to live anymore. But I couldn't help liking you Alex. I hate myself for feeling this way but I do. If - if you want me to leave I will. But I needed you to know that." He blurted out. I would be surprised if he even took a breath.

"I - think you should leave." I repeated. He looked at his lap and smiled.

"Of course." He said standing. "Thank you for hearing me out." He walked to the door and opened it, looking back at me. I looked away and hear him close the door.