August 7th 2014

Parker had written a note on a sign.

Willow.

We are okay - they - they set people - Lurkers on us and - they - they got to Eric. I'm sorry; we didn't know what to do so - so we just locked him in the room, letting him turn. You'll find us soon, this happened on the 4th of August. We will be on this road somewhere, we promise. We will be leaving on the 7th. Be there. If not we will leave another note at the end of the road.

"They - they are on this road. Quick what's the date?" Willow said turning around to face me in the backseat. We have been driving for about 15 hours, over night.

"7th - I - I think." I said. She turned back around.

"Drive!" she yelled at Beau who changed to 5th gear. We drive down the road, faces pressed to windows - looking out for signs of life. "See them?" she asked. No one replied - which meant no.

"They'll be here. Its only 9:30am." I said. She nodded, her eyes scanning the side of the road.

We drove up and down the road 5 times, looking for anything, a shoe, a can. Anything to prove they are - were here.

"Look Will -"

"Don't. They are here. They have to be." She said.

"Did Parker drive a minivan?" I ask.

"Yeah. Why?" Beau asked.

"Cause there's one outside that house, it's - it's parked under the tree." I said smiling. Beau stopped the car and Willow looked out, her face lighting up. She opened the door and jumped out. "Willow wait!" I called trying to unlock my door. "Is is there child lock?" I said pulling the door handle.

"Just wait!" Beau said getting out of the car, running to my side and opening the door. I got out and ran after Willow; gun swinging. She was already at the house.

"You can't run in!" I said. It was so dangerous; what if they weren't - well - human. "WILLOW!" I called. What was she thinking? She tried to open the front door but it was locked, so she started smacking it with her palm.

"PARKER!" she screamed.

"WILLOW!" I yelled finally reaching her and pulling her back away from the door. "What are you thinking!" I said to her.

"My brother is in there!" she yelled in my face.

"Well wait for him to come out then." I said keeping hold of her. Beau reached us breathlessly.

"Willow are you crazy?" he said.

"Willow?" someone other than the 3 of us said. We all turned our heads toward the door, and a boy with short black hair, pale skin and bright blue eyes stared at us.

"P - Parker?" Willow said shrugging me off. They stood looking at each other. They looked alike, like really alike. You could tell they were twins.

"Willow." He said smiling and stepping off the front step. She ran towards him and he opened her arms to embrace her. I watched her shoulders shake and know she was crying. Beau walked up to them and patted him on the shoulder, before side stepping them and going inside. I stood there awkwardly watching - not knowing what to do. They broke apart; Willow wiping under her eyes. Parker's eyes lifted to me, and then back to Willow. Willow smiled at me.

"This is Alex. She - she's our newest friend." She said. Parker smiled at me.

"Then she's welcome here." he said stepping aside to let me in. I smiled and walked forwards, stepping inside and looking around. I walk down the hallway lined with framed photos and into the lounge room where 6 people either sit or stand. Beau was embracing a girl and the others eyes were on me. Beau broke apart from the girl and looked at me; smiling and pointing.

"This is Alexandra. She found us." He said. I smiled softly, the only other person returning it was a man who sat, staring at me, not blinking. "Um, this is Zara," Beau pointed to a girl who looked Asian, but also maybe Spanish. She had light brown skin and big brown wavy hair. She had amazing cheek bones and her brown eyes stood out. "Bennett," surprisingly, Beau pointed to a girl with strawberry blonde wavy hair, huge pink lips and big green eyes. She smirked at me, showing her dimples. She was perfect - or close to it. "You've met Parker," he said as Parker walked in the door, his arm draped around his sister, "And I don't know these two." Beau said laughing.

"Oh - this is Lincoln," Parker said pointing to a man with short brown hair and electric blue eyes. He wore a tight t shirt, and his jaw line was as sharp as a knife. "And this, this is Grayson." Parker said pointing to the man that smiled at me. He had a jaw line, maybe sharper than Lincoln's, and his brownish - blackish hair spiked up. He had brown eyes that bent in close to the nose, making his stare 10 times harder to ignore.

"Call me Grey." He said smirking.

"Call me Alex." I retaliate with. We stare at each other, everyone's eyes on us silent, until Willow decides to break the awkwardness.

"Um, but since when were we adding new people?" she said.

"This was our house." Lincoln said.

"And you brought Ally." Bennett said.

"Alex." I interrupted.

"Sorry. My mistake." She sarcastically.

"Bennett stop. They helped us Willow. Just as Alex helped you." Zara said. I felt bad, I hadn't helped them. I looked at Beau, who was looking at me. I bet he was thinking about how much of a help I have been; which is none.

"And Grayson has a mass amount of guns. He said we can have them if we let him tag along." Parker said smiling.

"Please call me Grey. And I did say that. Look to be completely honest, it's been hard just 2 people, trying to survive. And having to be stuck with Lincoln by yourself is a drag." He said. Lincoln smiled and patted Grey on the back.

"Thanks bud." He said.

"What did Alexis bring?" Bennett said getting my name wrong again.

"Alex." I corrected her.

"Brains." Beau said smirking towards Bennett.

"Did she bring anything?" Zara asked.

"I didn't. I was on the verge of dying; then I happened to go into the house they were staying at - and - and they helped. They pointed 2 guns at me - but they helped. I've been alone for the past 2 and a half weeks, it wrecks you," I said my voice giving out, I was talking about being alone - knowing your family is probably dead as you speak, "And - and I know you probably don't - don't want to hear a 17 year olds sob story - but it felt - it felt nice to be around people." I said a tear falling on my cheek. Why was I crying? I am making a fool of myself in front of people I have known for less than 5 minutes. "And it feels nice to rely on someone other than yourself."

"I understand," Zara said, "I was alone until Bennett found me, then she found Beau. It doesn't feel nice when the only person you have to talk to is yourself."

"So - we stick together?" Willow said raising her eyebrows.

"We stick together." Lincoln said.