August 11th

"You have to let her rest; we still don't know for a definite that this was caused by the fall - there are always the scratches and it's just a slower process. Just give her time - don't do anything rash until you know." Someone said. I had my eyes closed, afraid to open. My head thumped as I tried to recall my last actions. I remember speeding out from behind a house into a heard of Lurkers, then I remember one grabbing my ankle and pulling me down. Next thing I know Grey is kicking it in the face and I'm released - but am having trouble seeing or hearing. I collapse to the ground and pass out, now I'm here. I remember Beau and Grey kneeling next to me; shaking me and calling out my name. I just lie there - unable to respond. I remember thinking that this was it - this is how I am going to die. By a scratch.

"How long until she wakes up?" I hear Willow's familiar voice say.

"Depends on the severity of the hit? You were there - how hard was it?" the man said.

"I didn't see. We were shooting Lurkers than all of the sudden she was on the ground. I got him off her - but I don't know." Grey said.

"She's probably awake right now - listening to your conversations."

"Shut up Bennett." Willow said. I felt bad because Bennett was right, I was listening to their conversations - but only to determine whether I'm dying or not.

"She hit her head? Big deal."

"Let me hit you in the head and we will see what happens." Willow yelled.

"Touch me and I'll feed you to the monsters." Bennett said sweetly.

"No one is hitting or feeding each other to anyone. Bennett can you go please." Grey said. "Did she just move her finger?" he followed with. Did I? I didn't mean to? Have I been caught?

"Alex?" Willow said grabbing my hand. I moved again at the shock of how cold she was. I had been caught; I may as well wake up now. I slowly opened my eyes and saw 3 people crowded around the bed I was lying in. Grey, Willow and a blonde man I didn't know stared at me. "Hey."

"H - Hi." I said my throat dry. I stared at the man I didn't know - trying to remember if he was with us at the house and I just didn't recognise. He saw me looking at him and smiled.

"I'm Finn." He said. Nope - I had no idea who he was.

"Finn is an intern to the hospital. He is studying to be a doctor." Grey said. I didn't know we just had doctors lying around. My head thumped and I closed my eyes trying to block out the pain.

"You hit your head on the fall. We think that's the cause of you going unconscious. But then there is the scratches - and we don't know how long they take to infect." Finn said. He had white blonde hair and big blue eyes - and white skin. He was really pale.

"Scratches infect?" I said trying to sit up - but Willow pushed me down.

"They have before - but some cases they don't." Finn said.

"I think we should leave you to rest." Willow said smiling. I nodded and she followed Finn out of the bedroom.

"I offended you." I said before Grey walked out of the room. "I know I did."

"It's fine Alex."

"It's not. Tell me what I did wrong and I promise to never do it again."

"I lost my parents to a car crash when I was 10. I guess I just felt - you know it doesn't matter." He said cutting off.

"Tell me." I insisted.

"I felt like you had it easy. You said you are damaged now because of losing your parents when you don't even know if they are dead. I went to my parent's funeral - they are in the ground now. I just hate how you see the negative side to things." He said. I looked at my hands in my lap - he was right. "Now I've offended you."

"No - it's just - my brother Luis used to say that."

"Your brother was a smart man." he said smiling slightly. "I should go."

"Yeah." I said looking up and smiling. "See you later." He smiled and walked out closing the door behind him.

+++

I walk out of my bedroom and look around. We seem to be in a house that is too expensive for our liking. There are 2 sets of staircases - one each side of the room leading up to the second floor. I step into what looks like the grand foyer and see Bennett emerging from a room on the second floor. Behind her exits a guy - whom I don't know - fixing his hair. I raise my eyebrows at her and she smirks. She walks down the steps putting her jacket on looking at me.

"What's a girl to do?" she said.

"Not that." I said smiling. She shrugged her shoulders and turned the corner, going into the kitchen. I followed her but someone grabbed me on the shoulder. I turned to see the guy I don't know staring at me.

"That wasn't what it looked like."

"I don't care about what it looked like man I don't know." I said taking his hand off my shoulder.

"I don't want to make a bad impression."

"Well you have." I said smiling and walking away.