September 27th 2014

"That's big. What are you going to do about it?" Willow asked. We both sat on my bed, talking about what Grey had just told me.

"I don't know - I mean, I want to be with him. But it was kind of quick how fast he moved on?" I sigh.

"Well yeah, but he did say he thought about you the whole time and he still loved you throughout the relationship with the Abby girl." She said.

"That's not the point." I say.

"It's like you just need an excuse not to be with him?" Willow jumped to the point.

"No -"

"Alex, I know you." She said.

"Fine. I am scared to love anyone. Because I end up getting attached. Knowing that he may be here now but one day he'll be gone. Just that single thought scares me along with tons of 'what if's'. It's as if I could go to sleep knowing he's mine and wake up probably to never hear from him ever again. I just don't want to get so close to happy and end up being broken into millions of pieces." I say.

"If we weren't at the end of the world I would probably pat you on the back and tell you that you're right, but you're not. Firstly, one day we will all be dead and we can't stop that. It may be in 10 years, it may be tomorrow. Do you really think any of us would waste our time loving someone we are going to leave in the future? Our time is too precious for that. And secondly, the person you got to fall in love with you is Grayson Black. Do you not know him at all? He adores you. He has an eternity of love he is just waiting to give you. The more you soak in it, the more of his love you can take in. He wants to saturate you in his love." She said.

"You think so?" I ask. She nods.

"Stop holding back and put your heart on the line. That's what I did to Beau and look where we are."

"I'm going to go talk to him." I said standing.

"Yeah you are." She said also standing. I walk past her and she smiles at me. I open the door and walk across the hall, past the stairs to the guest room where Grey will be sleeping. I knock and stand there, aware Willow is watching from my bedroom. Grey opens the door and gives me his half smile that makes me melt. I have no idea when I started to adore Grey, definitely not when he was in my presence. Sometime while he was missing.

"Hey." He says.

"I'm ready to talk." I say. He nods and steps aside for me to walk in. I step inside and look around; I hadn't been in here since we got here. It still looks the same, just a simple bed and chest of draws with a mirror sitting on top, very plain, very simple. He closes the door behind me and turns to face my way.

"I'll sit and listen to whatever you have to say." He says walking to the bed and sitting down.

"Fine - perfect." I say standing in front of him so I was taller. He looks up at me, his greyish green eyes glistening. "Thinking about you being with another girl makes me want to scream. I know when you left you didn't get the impression that I would have felt for you the way I do know, but while you were gone something happened. I think the fact that I missed you that much made me realise my true feelings. If I had known you were with another girl while I was having these feelings I would've stopped having them then and there. But I didn't, so now I have a lot of feelings for you. I'm saying feelings too much aren't I?" I said stopping.

"Not -"

"It doesn't matter, I have feelings. Between now and when you told me I was trying to make an excuse for me not to love you, to break things off right now. But I couldn't think of any to convince myself. So - I'm not going to end things, simply forget. You were with a girl when you thought you would never see me or be with me ever. I understand that. And the truth is, how could I let the first person to love me go? I can't, because I happen to love them too." I said. "I love you Grey, you annoy me more than I ever thought possible, but... I want to spend every irritating moment with you." I added.

"I have never loved you any more than I do, right this second. And I'll never love you any less than I do, right this second." He said standing and clasping my head with his hands. He pressed his forehead to mine, us both closing our eyes, breathing in each other's scent.