October 1st 2014

9:00pm

I lay on my stomach up on roof bed, reading a book I had kept from the mansion, Lonely Girl. I'm not reading it because I'm alone, I'm lonely. Grey hasn't really talked to me since the incident with Lincoln nearly 4 days ago. I haven't even tried to talk with Lincoln, and the same with him. I don't know why Grey hasn't talked to me though; he just doesn't seem interested in me anymore. He has talked to Abby more than me in the last 3 and half days. We have to share a bed filled with awkward silences at night and mumbled good mornings. Which when I think about it, makes me concerned. I hear the ladder get folded down and turn to see the sliding door move right and Grey's head pop up. I smile at him, hoping he was coming to talk for once.

"Hey -"

"Can you pass me my jumper, it's getting cold." He mumbled. My smile faded ad I looked to my left, seeing his blue sweater sitting next to me. I picked it up and violently threw it at him, turning back to my book. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"I'm fine." I said harshly.

"Whatever you say." He said sliding the door back and climbing back downstairs. I sat up, staring at the now closed door. That was the first thing he's said to me since yesterday morning, which he said Can you give me more of the blanket. I knew it. I knew he couldn't possibly love me. I knew he was just lonely and would've taken anyone. Now he got bored with me so he's going back to Abby. I knew it. I picked up my pillow and threw it at the door, making a soft thud as it hit.

"Asshole." I whispered.

+++

I climb downstairs after an hour of cooling off. I didn't want to yell at him so I needed to cleanse myself before seeing him again. Who would've known what would've happened if he came back. I look around to see everyone is still awake, including Abby who is chatting away with Grey on the couch. I tell myself to breathe and look away, finding Willow. She smiles and waves me over. She sits on her bed that she shares with Beau, who is also sitting there. I don't mind Beau being there, I bet Willow tells him everything I say anyway. She studies my face and recognises the situation and opens her arms, which I fall into. I sit the while she rubs my back, dry eyed, staring at nothing behind her. I pull away and sit next to her.

"What's going on?" she said in her calm voice. Willow has only 2 voices, one sounds agitated, and one sounds calm. There is no between. "Has Lincoln said something to you?" she added.

"He hasn't said one word since we got the RV, and neither has Grey." I said.

"Grayson hasn't said anything to you?" She asked.

"Well yeah, but give me more blanket and pass me my jumper doesn't count." I say.

"Seriously?" She says looking over at Beau who's leaning against the wall that's beside the bed.

"Yeah, that's no good." Beau said exhaustedly. Lately we agreed to stay up at night and sleep in day, just in case something bad happens. The person on driving duty in the day time gets to sleep at dark, but no one else.

"What do you think it means?" I ask.

"I don't know." Willow says shrugging her shoulders.

"I've seen him talking to Abby a lot lately." Beau said.

"I know." I sigh.

"You've got to be joking." Willow responded.

"They're talking right now." I scoffed.

"What an asshole!" she said.

"That's what I thought." I say.

"I've never liked him." Beau added.

"Yes you do, you and him are best friends. I don't care if you like him." I say smiling slightly at Beau.

"Okay good, I felt bad just saying that." Beau said looking guilty.

"What should I do?" I ask.

"Break it off -"

"Don't too hasty Will; she should talk to him first." Beau said.

"You think?" I ask him.

"You'll only make it worse by ending things unexpectedly." He said.

"I say rip his heart out." Willow said.

"Remind me never to hurt you." He said smiling. She smiled at him.

"Okay, I'm going to go talk to him." I said standing.

"Be reasonable, he might have a verified excuse."

"Hit him where it hurts." Willow interrupted.

"Willow!"

"Bye." I said walking off.

+++

The suns beginning to rise and I still haven't talked to him. I find my chance when everybody decides it was time for bed, and he comes up and joins me in our roof top bed. I pretend I'm asleep when he comes up and lies down next to me, taking a deep breath and closing the window above us to make it dark.

"We need to talk." I whisper.

"You're awake." He says obviously startled.

"Let's not change the subject." I say.

"Talk then." He says harshly. I lay there silently, trying to pick my words carefully.

"Are you - Are you not in love with me anymore?" I ask. He stays silent. I bite my lip and close my eyes, waiting for the answer. But it doesn't come. "Grayson?" I ask.

"Yeah - I heard you." He said.

"Then what - you don't?" I ask.

"I - I don't know." He whispers. My heart sank. My eyes were burning and my chest felt heavy as if it were filled with lead. I could no longer see clearly as my eyes began to well with tears. I covered my mouth to stop any sound coming out. I sniffed and wiped under my eyes.

"Why?" I ask with a quivering lip. You could hear the sobs in my voice, even though I hoped it wasn't obvious.

"Seeing- seeing you point your gun at Lincoln - you aren't the same person -"

"I'm not Abby." I muttered.

"Don't say that." He said coldly. "Don't ever say that."

"It's true." I cried. "You're always with her -"

"If I wanted to be yelled at I would've just asked my dead mother to."

"What does that even mean?" I yell.

"I'm not staying here and let you throw accusations at Me." he said sitting up.

"You can't just run away!" I sobbed.

"Yes I can." He said sliding the door back and pressing the button shooting the ladder down. "I'll sleep somewhere else." He added disappearing down the ladder and slamming the door behind him.