September 28th 2014

"So we got everything?" Beau said before opening the door. We are just awaiting the return of Lincoln and Parker, who were currently at my neighbour's house checking out the RV and making sure it still worked and had fuel. We all stood at my front door, bags hung over everyone's shoulder. They consisted of food, clothes and supplies taken from my bathroom cupboards and trinkets around the house.

"They'll be back anytime now - make sure you're ready." Grey said. We all nodded checking and counting our bags. I had an easy job; I carried my bag of clothes then a pretty large but light bag of feather pillows. Grey starts talking to Beau, and I turn to Finn next to me.

"Hey." I said realising I hadn't talked to him for a while.

"Hey, I haven't checked your scratch." He said.

"Oh wow, I guess I am fine, other things have come up and I guess I just forgot about it." I said looking down at my leg.

"Well that's good." He said ending the conversation. I heard the gate open and that was our call to move. I picked my gun up off the table and followed the others outside. I didn't even turn to look back at the house; I knew I would see it again, eventually. I spot Lincoln at the gate but not Parker.

"Where's Parker?" I ask as I walk past him.

"Oh yeah," he said, "Guys, Parker is driving the RV here." he yelled out. I heard a moan and turned around, spotting a young looking woman walking towards me. I lifted my gun and aimed; but soon realised I knew her. She was the girl who lived across from me, and was in my maths, chemistry and biology class. I begin to lower my gun. "Shoot it." Lincoln called from behind me.

"I can't - it's - its Penelope." I say.

"Penelope?" He said walking to stand next to me. "take her out."

"I can't." I said. I may not have been best friends with her, but she was a nice person. I was always at her house because her parents were friends with my parents.

"Lift your gun and shoot her." He said grabbing the butt of my gun and pointing it at her.

"I Can't!" I yell. She must've broken her leg because she drags her right foot behind her. She seems to be missing some skin from her cheek and chin and her usual blondish hair is now brown with dirt.

"Shoot her!"

"Hey!" Grey said joining the conversation. I didn't know why Lincoln was speaking to me like that. "Don't talk to her like that."

"We are the only people she knows now, no one else is relevant." Lincoln said. Penelope was far away, but still too close to be chatting. "Get over it and shoot the bitch."

"HEY!" I said pointing my gun at Lincoln. Everyone went silent, including Grey. "She is my friend." I said savagely.

"Well," he said smiling, "She's not anymore." He raised his gun pointing it at her and pulled the trigger, making a red dot appear in the middle of her forehead at she fell to the ground.

"YOU DICKHEAD!" I shouted making Grey clasp his hands around me waist restricting me from jumping on him. I clawed at Lincoln who walked away smiling. The sound of brakes made me stop.

"Let's go." Grey said slowly letting me go. I wriggled out of his grip and picked up the bag I must've dropped. I walked off towards the RV, not saying anything to anyone, lining up and waiting for my go to get on the RV.

+++

The RV had 3 queen beds, 2 singles and 1 fold out couch, like Grey said. The 'couples' got a queen bed, and then the rest spread out on the singles and couches. Grey and I got nominated with the queen bed in the roof, which is like a separate room with a sky light made out of mesh so it gets air and you don't become claustrophobic. It's a pretty good deal, but it's only about 1.5m tall which will be trouble. But it has a slide door for privacy and the mesh window lets a lot of breeze in. it sits up the back with all the other beds and has a small ladder that drops down into the walkway. It has working toilet and a working stove as long as we have gas.

+++

Willow sits on the fold out couch, reading a magazine she found on the front seat. I walk over and sit down next to.

"Hey." I say.

"You alright?" she says looking up from her magazine.

"Sorry?" I ask. She rolls her eyes and closes the magazine.

"Well, you kind of pointed a gun at Lincoln, and usually when you do that something's wrong." She says smiling.

"That was nothing." I say looking to the front of the RV. Lincoln sits there with Parker talking to him while he drives.

"Shut up." She says laughing.

"I - I just got a bit mad."

"Alex? That wasn't a bit mad." Willow said.

"Fine, a lot mad, but what did you expect me to do?" I said raising my eyebrows.

"Not aim your gun at him." She said.

"He shot my friend."

"You don't have friends outside of this group anymore." She said.

"So you're siding with him?" I ask.

"No, but what he said did make sense." She said matter of factly.

"That's not the thing I am mad about. He shot her because I wouldn't. He shot her to prove a point, he didn't even think before doing it. He actually smiled at me while he was doing it." I scoffed.

"Well maybe he's clicked." She mumbled.

"Clicked?" I asked.

"Eric, the guy that turned in the house we originally were staying at always used to say that everybody left in the world would one day 'click' and turn into a cold, distant person that wouldn't care about anything, including themselves and everyone around them. All the things they would've seen and done would steal who they really are and replace it with someone else. Maybe he 'clicked'." She said.

"That would make sense." I say. That would make sense. Maybe Lincoln clicked.