September 27th 2014 (Same Day)

They stand there silently, looking at each other. No one talks, no one stands. I stand by Grey's side, staring at her.

"Am I the only one who has no idea who she is and why she's here?" Bennett said breaking the silence.

"No, I am a bit confused as well." Finn said.

"I found Abby when I lost you guys. I told her if she's ever in trouble or is sick of being by herself just come here, I gave her the address and all." Grey clarified things.

"We also dated for a bit, but that doesn't matter." Her voice was raspy but sweet.

"Dated?" Lincoln said looking at me. Abby looked at Lincoln, and then followed his eyes to me.

"And why is that bad?" Abby asked staring at me.

"Abby," Grey rested his hand on my shoulder. "This is the girl I was talking about, Alex."

"Alex? I thought you said she was dead?" She said crossing her arms and pursing her lips at me.

"You said what?" I said shaking his hand off my shoulder.

"I never did -"

"I see." I said storming off, working my way around people and into the lounge room, purposely hitting Abby's shoulder with mine as I walked by. I could hear footsteps following me, but I didn't stop. I walked up the stairs and to my door, opening it and slamming it behind me, clicking the lock in so he couldn't get in. I could hear the slow thumps of him walking up the stairs. I lean up against my door and slide down to seating position on the ground. He must've reached the top because soon there were 3 knocks on my door. I stay silent and listen.

"Come on Alex." He says calmly. "You know I didn't say that." I stayed silent resting my head on my knees. I just wanted him to go away. Why does it always end this way, me wanting him to leave me alone? Being in love means you want to be with them 24/7. Maybe this isn't real love, maybe I just want to love him. I hear a thud on the door, then sounds of sliding. He's sitting up against the door like me. "I didn't know she was going to actually come here. If I did I would never have asked her. She means nothing to me. I just need you to know that. She could come in asking for my hand in marriage and I would say no. she could be a future teller and tell me we were going to break up tomorrow, but I would still turn her down." I stay silent. "I don't think you know what you mean to me Alexandra Leopoldo. Before you I never knew what it was like to smile for no reason." I bit my lip. How could this not be real? My eyes began to burn and my chest felt heavy, like it was full of lead. I hugged myself as my eyes began to swell with water; but I refused for them to leak over. "Alex answer me." he said. I took a deep breath; I can't let him hear the pain in my voice.

"What - what do you want me to say?" I choked.

"I want you to tell me the truth." He mumbles.

"The truth?" I put my hands on my face and sigh, "I don't know what the truth is."

"Do you want this? Us?" he always got right to the point. This was the question. Can I live without him? Can I somehow go on through the days without him coming to mind? Can I be in the same room with him and not be in love? I rub my eyes with clenched fists, my knuckles getting wet with tears. The honest answer is no. When I think about having to carry on this life I can't imagine coping though it without him. Maybe a different life, without Lurkers and death at every corner. But not this one; I need him - he's my rock. The thought of seeing him in a room, smiling, having fun without me makes my heart sink.

"Definitely." I whisper. I hear a sigh of relief from his side of the door. I remove my hands from my face and help myself get up, wiping under my eyes. I unlock the door and he stands there, looking at me, studying my face. He notices my wet, red cheeks and puffy eyes.

"I never wanted to hurt you." He whispered.

"You haven't." I said smiling with a quivering lip. He steps forward and wraps his arms around me, digging his head into my neck. My arms drape over his shoulder and around his neck. He isn't that much taller than me so hugging him is comfortable.

"I'm so glad I found you." He whispered into my neck. "Promise you're okay?"

"I promise." I sniffed. He squeezed me around the waste. I pulled away so I could see his face, which was red, and his eyes watery. "Hey, hey hey..." I said clasping his face between my hands.

"I hate hurting you."

"You haven't." I said. "Please, believe me Grayson, you haven't hurt me." I whispered. His chin quivered and he looked away, but I pulled him back so he looked me in the eye. "You could never hurt me." I let go off his face. He squeezed his eyes shut a a pearly tear dropped onto his cheek. "No matter what has happened. No matter what you've done. No matter what you will do. I will always love you. I swear it." he looked me in the eye and did his perfect half smile. He pulled me in for another hug while he wiped under his eyes.

"I love you so much." He whispered.