Child Borrower Reader x 2016 Donnie

Reader's POV

I sat up as I sprung out of bed not minding to turn off my lights. I ran down my stairs as I managed to not slip this time pressing the button in the elevator to go down.

"Donnie guess what day it is!?" I said as I put my hands up in the air. "Sorry Y/n I'm really busy today, maybe Mikey and Leo can hang out with you." Donnie said. My smiled dropped...

"O-oh...Okay." I said. I slowly made my way towards Mikey's room. "Uncle Mikey guess what day it is!?" I said as I did the same action. "Sorry dudette, I have to train today, maybe Leo or Raph can help ya." Mikey said.

"Alright..." I sighed. I walked towards uncle Raph's room. "Uncle Raph guess-" "I have no time today Y/n, sorry." Raph said as he walked past me...

I felt tears start to well up in my eyes...

I ran towards Leo's room. "Uncle Le--" He's not here...

I walked towards Master Splinter's room. "Master Splinter guess wh-" Leo and Master Splinter were busy meditating...

I immediately shut up as I ran to my room as tears started to fall from my face.

I made it to my room as I slammed my door, I ran to my bed and wrapped myself up in a blanket not bothering to talk to anyone else today.

Donnie's POV

I almost broke apart when I heard her crying. I had to tell myself that she would love the surprise anyways. I sighed as my brothers emerged from their 'busy' characters.

Master Splinter didn't seem to approve of the fact we lied to her, but also was in on the birthday surprise for Y/n.

"All clear." Mikey whispered.

I quietly walked past Y/n's room as April and Casey emerged from their hiding spots. Everyone was running around as quietly as possible as April and Casey were wrapping up presents as me and Mikey were making a cake.

Master Splinter and Leo were setting up decorations as Raph was placing Y/n's presents on the counter and making the table.

"MIKEY!" I said. "SORRY!" Mikey yelped. He was eating the icing from the bowl as he laughed nervously.

"CODE RED!" April whisper shouted. Leo quickly cut down the decorations as me and Mikey hid the pieces of cake inside the fridge as April ran towards Y/n's room.

"Hey, Y/n." She asked. I acted like I was waiting for the microwave to be done as Mikey was making a loud humming sound and Raph was reading a comic and Master Splinter was sipping his tea. Casey was playing on his phone as Y/n and April were talking.

"How about you and me go and get some pizza?" She offered. Y/n seemed to brighten up as she ran into her room to change. April quickly opened her purse as Y/n climbed in and April and Y/n left the lair.

Everyone sighed as we went back to what we were doing.

I pulled the icing out of the fridge to realise it was already chilled. I sighed. "Mikey." I called. Mikey risen from the floor as he grabbed the icing bowl and started to eat it, I shook my head as I started the icing over.

A few minutes later another layer of the cake was done baking as I put it in the freezer. I growled frustrated as I couldn't get the icing to spread properly over the cake. "I got this D, I have three sisters, it gets easier after probably twelve birthdays and lots of messed up cakes." Casey laughed. "Thanks Casey." I smiled as I went to his spot and started to wrap the left over presents for Y/n.

My phone suddenly dinged. I looked at my phone to see that April and Y/n were on their way back with the four pizzas. "Alright, we have half an hour left before they get back." I said. My brothers nodded as they seemed to work a bit faster with setting up presents and placing the decorations up.