Child Borrower x Donnie 2016 (P8)

Donnie's POV

"Morning Donnie." Y/n said as I heard the ding from her elevator. "Morning Y/n, did you sleep well?" I asked.

I didn't look up from the book I was reading, it was Harry Potter but still, I put the book down as I looked around for her to spot her walking towards me with a hair of bed head.

I smiled as she nodded, she looked sad.

I felt myself feeling a sense of familiarity as I brushed it off. "Hey Donnie?" Y/n Said.

"What's up?" I asked. "Do you think April could make me a new outfit? I'm starting to outgrow my older ones..." Y/n asked nervously. I chuckled, I grabbed my phone. "I think we can arrange something, do you want to call her with me?" I asked as I waved my phone.

"Sure...I'm still not sure how those...Phone thingies work." Y/n laughed as she walked closer towards me as I opened up my phone and pushed on April's contact name.

"Push the green button." I said. Y/n looked at it. "What shape it is?" She asked. "It's an older symbol for a older phone." I explained. "Ah okay." She said as she tapped the call button. I pushed the speaker phone.

The phone rang thru my room for a few moments. "Hey Don!" April said with a cheerful tone. "Hey April." Y/n and I said. "Hey there Y/n, what can I do for you two?" She asked.

"Do you want to ask her?" I asked Y/n, she nodded. "April, do you think you can help me get or make new clothes?" She asked. "Are you already growing out of your clothes?" April asked.

"Yeah, I'm growing up!" Y/n said as she threw her hands up in the air. Me and April laughed. "Alright, I'll grab a few things and make my way over. See you all soon!" April said.

"Thank you, bye." Y/n said. "Alright, thanks April." I said. "No problem Donnie, see ya later, bye." She said. "Bye." I said as we hung up.

I looked back to Y/n to see she was climbing up the bricks on the walls. The feeling was back once more as I pinched myself. Not a dream...

I don't know exactly why I thought I was dreaming, I just feel some deja vu..

"What's up Donnie?" Y/n asked. "Oh just some deja vu, nothing big." I said as I turned to Y/n.

A sudden memory passes thru my mind as I catch a glimpse of Y/n, but I'm sitting down as I am reading and watching some funny cat video's when I realise there is something moving next to my computer...

A small human with ragged clothes and long (h/c) hair tied up with a sorrowful look on her face, I rubbed my eyes as I looked back to where the small human once was, no longer there as I look behind my computer to find nothing there. I shrugged and continued what I was previously doing? 

I blinked a couple times as I rubbed my head. "Donnie?" Y/n called with a worried look on her face. "W-what's up?" I asked. "Are you alright? You just stopped talking and had a blank expression." Y/n said.

"Oh..Uh yeah, just remembered something from the past..." I said as I brushed it off. I felt my head start to pound as I sighed.

"If you don't mind me asking...What was it about?" She asked.

I looked at her worried face as she placed her small hand on my finger as she tried to comfort me. "That day... Was everyone's first patrol I believe maybe four years ago? I had fallen from a building, and Leo and Raph had to carry me back home. I sometimes, get those reminders about me falling, but also that was the day that I was forbidden to leave my bed, I think that was the day-er well night that I saw you come into the lair... All sad and sorrowful, I only remembered seeing you that one time just now... I don't know why, but maybe its from my flashback." I sighed, Y/n looked at me sadly but also with a small smile on her face.

"We both have come a long ways..." She said.

Reader's POV

I get where Donnie is coming from, sometimes when those flashbacks happen for me, I don't remember something and then I do afterwards. The whole reliving part is hard, sometimes I get headaches. "Don't worry Donnie, we are here for each other now." I smiled up at him.

He looked down at me with a smile, He sat up as I still clutched onto his finger. "WEE!!" I laughed. Donnie laughed at me as well as I smiled. "Yay! I cheered you up a little!" I celebrated. 

"Hello boy's and girl, I have come barring gifts for everyone!" April shouted. I looked along with Donnie.

Mikey can running towards April. "APRIL GURL! How ya been?" Mikeu asked as he hugged April. "Been alright, how about you Mikey?" She laughed, Donnie had made his way over to April as Leo and Raph did as well.

April came in with a bunch of bags, and her friend. I think she mentioned his name was Casey. Well they walked into the lair as they placed some bags down.

"This one's Mikey's, Leo's, Raph's, and Donnie's. This one is Master Splinter's, here is yours Y/n." April said as she placed a big bag in front of me. "Thank you April." Everyone said as there were smiles all across the lair. 

Master Splinter came out of his room as he held a cup of tea. "What is going on out here?" He asked.

"Oh, Master Splinter, this is for you." April said as she picked up a bag and brought it closer to Master Splinter.

"What is this?" He asked. "Some presents for you, no they are not birthday presents. But I thought I could spoil my family." April smiled. "Thank you April." Master Splinter smiled as he placed a hand on her shoulder.

April eventually was talking with everyone, I smiled as everyone was having a good time as I waited patiently for April to come and talk with me.

Meanwhile I was busy trying to look inside my bag but obviously it was way taller than me and heavier as I put all my weight into pushing it over, which I never did. I sighed as I waited...I waited....And waited. 

I sighed. "Now, Y/n, sorry for the long wait but now it's girl time." April said as she lowered the bag. I smiled. "Yay! What kind of clothes are they?" I asked. "We will just have to wait and see wont we?" She said. We both laughed.

Donnie's POV

I watched as the two were looking at the clothes April had bought Y/n, I could tell some of them were hand made and well, others were known as Polly pocket sized clothes. Which most of the clothes fit Y/n, as she was having a blast trying on new clothes with April.

Master Splinter sat beside me with a new set of tea cups, and a new kimono that April got form china town. We both looked at each other as we talked about how things have changed over the years. Talking like this makes me feel older, even tho I wish not to feel older, I wonder why this...Destiny? Came to be... Maybe one day it will all come together.

Besides, in a few days, it's Y/n's birthday.