Chapter 30

Zuko's POV

" Katara, I promise you. I am not in love with Mei anymore. We are different in so many ways and we have drifted apart since I have been banished. Katara, you and I fit together perfectly, it's like you and I have so much in common and I just admire you so much. I wouldn't hurt you." I explained to her. I rubbed the back of her hand gently as I looked at her face as her eyes looked down at her hands.

" I feel terrible Zuko. You and Mei have been together for a while and she still loves you. I just feel like.... never mind." She said and took her hands out of my warm touch.  She held my warm hand to her chest and put the other hand on top of it. She then got up and walked to my window and peeked outside. The sky was still orange and I still wondered how Aang and the others are doing.

I got up slowly, cringing in pain and lime my way towards her. I put my hand on her shoulder, which made her jump in shock. I then wrapped my arms around her waist and laid my chin on her shoulder.

" Zuko... are you with me because you're trying to get over Mei?" She asked

I smiled a little and turned my face towards her neck and buried my face into the crease og her neck. The smell was so beautiful and sweet.

" No.." I replied. I found it cute that she thought such thing. I loved Katara for her. Ever since I met her I felt this connection that I never understood, and when I joined there group I saw what an amazing person she was. How strong this girl was when she lost everything she loved and how week I was when I got banished by a father that n

ever loved me.

I truly admired Katara and that's why I love her....

" How do I know you are not lying. " 

She turned around, leaving my arms around her waist still. I smiled at her and laid my forehead against hers, making the tip of our noses touch.

I leaned my head further down making our lips touch. I gently intertwined our lips together making them move in harmony. Katara began to kiss back and wrapping her arms around my neck. I lifted her up and carried her to my bed, making her late down as I was above her.

" Wait.." she said when she pulled away from my lips.

" I can't do this yet... I'm not ready..." she blushed

" I can wait... I won't make you." I smiled and laid on top of her. She wrapped her arms around me again and hugged me tight. I smiled and hugged her back making me not want to let her go....