Chapter 11

Zukos P.O.V

" Zuko..we need to talk." Katara came up behind me and said said sternly. She then walked passed me, gesturing me to follow her.

What's going on? She doesn't seem happy... Was it because of the kiss? We stopped at the beach where no one could see us.

" Katara are you ok?" I asked worryingly

" We can't be together..." She said

When she said that I felt my heart drop to my stomach and being stabbed two-hundred times.

" W-what?" I stuttered

" It's not right... I can't be with you or Aang... I feel terrible breaking Aang's heart knowing he had feelings for me for so long and then all of the sudden I want to be with the prince of the fire nation." She said in anger

" Katara... Please..." I said as my eyes water

" Zuko... You need to be with Mei... She'll probably be a better girl to you than I will ever be..." She said and looked at me in the eyes

" She won't be..." I walked up to her, and our faces inches apart.

" Don't make this harder for me right now... We're just friends now. Nothing more, nothing less." She moved her head away from mine and jumped into the water surfing as fast as she could. I just stood there, broken and lost.

I was close to being with her... But now. I don't think I have a chance with her anymore, but an urge inside of me keeps saying ' Go for her. ' or ' She needs you.' More like I need her than she needs me.

I lost my train of thought to find someone behind me, it was Aang.

" Aang, what are you doing here?" I asked

" I know Katara likes you... Maybe more than that. But I can't be selfish Zuko, I know you love her probably more than I do. I can't force Katara to love me, and it'll pain me if I do such thing. If it's you she wants to be with..." Aang trailed off, cringing his face and clenching his hands.

" Then I have to let her go... No matter how much it pains me to let her go... I'll still love her. And when she's hurt, either cause you're gone or you broke up with her. I will surely be there to pick up the pieces again." Aang said aggressively and walked away.

I didn't know if I should be happy, or guilty. Aang said that he couldn't make her love him, so I guess I shouldn't have a guilty conscience? Right?

I shook it out of my head running back to the house so I can tell Katara.

I ran up the stairs to see Suki and Sokka training.

" Sokka where's Katara?" I asked calmly

" She's in her room. She said she doesn't want to be bothered though.." He put his sword down and frowned

" Ok." I walked in standing in front of Kataras door. I knocked once no answer. I knocked again, still not a word. I knocked one more time, and I jumped by the door quickly opening revealing Kataras tired eyes.

" What do you want?" She leaned on the door

" Aang talked to me..." I said and Kataras eyebrows arched. She pulled me into the too closing the door behind me.

" What did he talk to you about?" She asked

" He told me, that he couldn't make you love him. It would've hurt him knowing you were unhappy, if you were to be with him. So he told me that, if you want to be with me... Then he can't stop you." I said, hoping maybe she'd smile or something that'll show that we have a chance. Katara stayed quiet, just staring at me with her eye brows still arched...

" I can't Zuko... I'm sorry. Not now.." She turned away facing her window

" I understand..." I walked towards the door and opened it. I stopped and looked at her once more.

" I hope we can still be friends..." I said

" Yeah... Me too." I heard her voice shake. I closed the door behind me and went to my room. When I got in my room I threw my body against the bed and closed my eyes... I couldn't imagine life without her. I couldn't picture Mei by my side everyday either...

I wish Uncle was here... I need to talk to him, but I bet he wouldn't talk to me at all. I was probably a disgrace to him, he'll never forgive me...