Chapter 25

Kataras P.O.V

" Zuko... Why is the sky getting darker... It's still morning...." I said nervously as I say the sky turning a orangish red.

" The Comet is upon us, I can feel it.." Zuko said sternly as I saw his fist clench up tightly

" There! I see Azula!!! She's about to be crowned, hurry Appa!" I said as I whipped the reins, commanding him to go faster.

Before the pastor granted her to be fire lord we landed Appa 3 feet away from them, interrupting what he was almost about to say. They'll all faced us with a nervous look on their face.

Azula turned around angry as every, she looked different. She looked like she lost herself, mentally at least.

When we landed Zuko stood up with a stern look. He was ready and he playing no games today..

" Sorry, but you're not going to become firelord today." He said and jumped off of Appa landing on the hard rock ground.

" I am." Zuko said proudly

I jumped off of Appa and stood by him too. Azula smiled her evil smile and laughed sarcastically.

" You're hilarious." She smiled

" And you're going down Azula." I said angrily

" Wait.." Azula held her hand up ceasing the man who was about to crown her. She then stood up straight facing us.

" Let's settle this, just you and me brother. The show down that was always meant to be! Agni ki!!" Azusa smiled evilly...

I looked at her and then at Zuko. He stood there giving a stern look and grinned.

" You're on." Zuko said

Azula smiled. I looked at Zuko in disbelief. What is he doing? I came to fight with him for a reason, not to watch him die!

" What are you doing?! She's playing you! She knows she won't be able to fight us both, she's trying to separate us." I argued

" I know... But I can take her this time." Zuko reasoned

" But even you admitted to your uncle that youd need help facing Azula." I said as I looked at her stare at us.

" I know you noticed it too. There's something off about her. I can't explain it but she's slipping, and this way no one else has to get hurt. Especially you. I'm sorry." He looked at me with a light smile.

Minutes later Azula came down the stairs and leaded us to the court yard. It was huge, maybe 15 feet long and 9 feet wide. I looked around so see if there's any water for me to bend, and i saw it, storm drains covered each side of the yard. I was set and I'll be ready.

Zuko knelt down on one knee facing new and Azula did the same, but her back faced us. I looked at Zuko worryingly, they only had 4 minutes to prepare themselves.

" Zuko..." I said,he looked up at me and smiled a little.

" Don't worry. I'll be fine, I'm much more stronger today." He said

" And she is too. Zuko if anything happens to you, I promise I'll do everything I can to defeat her." I said sternly

" I know you will." He smiled and stood up, turning around. He got into his fight stance and moved up a little

Azula got up having her cape fall slightly, she grabbed the rest and tossed it to the ground like a drunk. She too moved up closer swaying side to side in her sloppy stance.

" I'm sorry it has to end this way brother!" She said sarcastically

" No you're not..." He said

" Zuko... Be carful..." I said and prayed silently as I tried to fight the urge from joining him.

Azula struck first shooting a long lasting blue flame at Zuko. He too did the same, as both of their fires collided.

The fight went on and on. Flames being kicked at each other and the roofs being burnt into ashes. Zuko was strong, stronger than I have ever seen him. So was Azula, but he was right she was slipping, there were times where she'd bend at him and miss horribly.

I wanted to cheer him on but I didn't want to distract him. He was in his zone, and all I really want is for him to win.