Chapter 19

Kataras P.O.V

" Zuko! You're gonna get me killed before the actual thing!" I said frustratingly dodging each and every one of Zukos fire.

" Katara! Were training I won't actually kill you! But you need to know what it's like battling her when the comets here." Zuko said as he still fired at me. I couldn't take it anymore, he's working me to hard! I lifted the water from the lake near me and slashed it at him, making him fall on his back.

" Ah!" Zuko yelled out holding his right side. I immediately ran over to him, and crouched down on one knee worried that I actually hurt him.

" Zuko! I'm sorry! I just got really frustrated!" I said as I removed his arm from his side and before I could lift his shirt up, Zuko grabbed me into a tight hug pulling me on top of him.

" Fight like that ok? Fight as hard as you can. No matter what happens to me, if I can't fight her cause I'm hurt, or even de-" he was about to say but before he could I cut him off, by pulling away from his hug.

" No! Don't you dare say that word! That will not happen to you, you understand me... I will not let that happen to you." I said angrily as I held his face with both of my hands, making him look at me.

" I'm just saying Katara... I can't let you die. I want you to fight as hard as you can, ok?" He said as he looked away from me and sat up. If he doesn't want me to get hurt, then why ask me to join you?

" Zuko... Why do you want me to help you?" I asked

" You're the strongest fighter I got right now..." He hesitated

" I know there's something else... What is it?" I asked feeling annoyed at the same time.

" Because Katara!" He said frustratingly. He got up pacing back and forth rubbing his hair roughly.

" What?" I said as I still sat on the floor what hung him struggle with his words.

" I want to protect you... I want you to be with me, and I know you'll be safe. Knowing how strong you are, you can help me take Azula down... Katara, I can't stand knowing you're out there battling who knows what, and I'm there fighting Azula worried sick!" Zuko said at a fast pace, looking at me with a worried face.. He gave a deep breath and sat in front of me looking at the ground...

" Knowing that you'll be with me, takes a lot of weight off my shoulders and I know I can protect you." He said in a sad tone...

It made me happy that he cares so much for me. I'm glad he chose me to be with him, I know I can protect him too. I can't lose him, I care to much for him! It's like I can feel my heart break right now, knowing he could die tomorrow...

" Zuko.... You won't lose me, ok?" I sad as I put my hand on top of his. He looked up at me, with worry written on his face.

" Katara... Last night did you really mean those words?" He asked

" What words?" As soon as he asked I knew what he was talking about...

" You said you loved me too." He said with a small grin and blush on his cheeks.

" Oh... That." I said looking down feeling the butterflies flutter.

" Did you mean it?" He asked. I gave a heavy sigh and got on my feet. I knew what I felt, and I knew what I said... I did feel like I loved Zuko.... Actually I do love him, I couldn't tell him yet. Not with the war happening tomorrow, I didn't want to fall mor in love with him, because if he dies... I would probably die mentally...

" I'll tell you... But I have a condition." I smiled. Zuko got on his feet, and smiled.

" What is it?" He said

" Promise me, you'll live and I promise you I'll do the same. Then I'll tell you." I blushed hard, and smiled, looking into his golden eyes.

" I promise." He said and hugged me tightly....

" I promise too."