Chapter 29

Kataras P.O.V

I said it....

I got to say the words that I have been feeling for this guy. I thought I was going to lose him forever...

I hugged him so tight I just didn't want to let go. It's like I was hoping that I'm not going to wake up and it was all a dream.

" Katara, you're squeezing me to tight.." Zuko said I'm a painful tone. I immediately let go of his torso and sat up on the bed. I blushed a little and looked away. What now? It was awkward and weird... I never been in a relationship before, and this was my first one.

" Katara are you ok?" He asked with a smile.

" Oh yeah, I was just thinking about how happy that you're here.." I lied a little, but its true though! I was happy.

" Me too, I don't know what I would've done if I lost you..." He sat up a little more and grabbed my hand. I smiled and looked into his golden eyes. I felt my heart beat fast and my stomach fluttering. He then put his hand on my cheek and he leaned me in near his face until our nose touched. I felt his hot sweet breath on mine, this is my first real kiss with him..

He then leaned in and our lips finally touched. He kissed me gently and removed his hand from my face and both of his arms wrapped around my hips. My heart dropped and beats faster than ever! I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck and my hand rubbed against his soft black hair.

I couldn't believe I'm kissing him. Kissing the guy who tried to kill me and my friends for years... And now, well..

I'm in love with him, I felt some strange feeling towards him since the day we both were imprisoned in Ba Sing Se... It's like he was my other half. He suffered from a lot of things and so did I, we had to fight to regain our honor and now we've became stronger than ever.

As I kissed him I started to remember my journey. I've came a long way from being a helpless girl who lived in the Southern Water Tribe, discovering the Avatar with my brother, learning how to water bend, and go on great adventures. We met Toph who is the greatest earth bender I have ever met, I got my dad back, and made new friends. Tylee and Mei sacrif-

Wait Mei!!!

I opened my eyes immediately and stopped kissing Zuko. I pulled away fast and caught my breath. He looked at me in a confused stare.

" What's wrong? Was my kissing to much?" He joked around. I sighed lightly and looked down at my lap and grabbed a half of my hair and ran my hands through it. I usually do that when I'm nervous and stuff.

" Seriously, Katara. What's wrong?" He said in a serious tone. He sat up straight and cringed at the pain, but it didn't stop him. Zuko leaned in a little and reached for my hands and held both of them with his hands.

" I thought about Mei... Are you guys, together? Or you guys broke up?" I asked nervously. He then let out a big sigh and looked into my eyes.

" I- I don't know. I haven't spoken to her since the prison. At that time we broke up, but when she saved me and and the others from being boiled in hot water, it seems like she still loved me..." Zuko said

" So she still loves you.. What ate you gonna do?" I asked

" I'm going to tell her that I fell for someone else..." He smiled and kissed my had. I blushed a little but somehow I still feel wrong. I didn't want to take Zuko away from Mei, ever since he ran away to fight with us she still loved him and some how he did have that same feelings for her.

Which made me think. Does Zuko really love me? Does Mei still live Zuko? Was I just a back up?