Chapter 25

Sorry for the late in the night chapter guys. I've been at the movie theatres all day, watched like five movies, and literally just got home to edit this up a little. Probably needs more proof-reading but I promised every saturday sooo...here it is.

Pic on the right Of Jason>>

Chapter 25

Jasons POV

"All this fucking work," I grumbled into the phone, as I looked over the prices of vacant lands over the city. I glanced over at the side, looking grudgingly at the huge stack of files awaiting to be opened.

I heard the ever loving sweet caress of Rileys laugh voice through the phone. "You're the one who decided to practically take two weeks off work. What did you expect?"

I huffed, closing the file on the grassy and rubbish looking land that obviously had no potential. "Whatever. How's my son doing this morning?" I smiled.

 There was a pause. "He's fine.. I'm sure. Very quiet . But, I've got an appointment two weeks away,"

My brows furrowed, as I looked up to see the elevator door ding. I watched as the numbers lit up, slowly approaching to the last floor.

"Hold up, babe," I said absently and clicked over on the in-com, forwarding to the front desk.

"Jessica, who's coming up the elevator? I told you I'm full today," I asked firmly.

"Oh! sir, your fian-" She started at the same time as I looked up only to see the elevator doors open, and the woman that I loathed with everything beneath me, steppping through them.

A long stream of curses fell out my mouth, not aware that I still had Jessica on the line. The last thing I heard was her  horrified gasp before I ended the call.

"Jason?" I heard Riley's voice as I lifted the cellphone back to my ear. "Jason, what's wrong?"

I furiously glared as the witch took sure steps towards my office door, her red heels clicking loudly against the marble floors.

"Nothing, nothing. I'll call you back later, okay?" I said quickly.

"Jason tell-" I hung up the call and I had to fight the guilt that tugged at my heart when I clicked the end button.

Although, the rage I felt when I saw her tall figure smirking behind the locked glass doors was enough to pummel the guilt I felt. I stood up quick, the chair falling back harshly behind me as I stormed over to the glass doors, a feeling of pure hatred radiating through my body.

I paused, my hand clutching tightly at the lever, and I stared. I watched as her smirk grew wider, her blood red lips shining starkly against the light blonde of hair. I couldn't help but scowl at the sight.

With a low curse, I yanked open the door. "What the fuck are you doing here, Caroline?"

She gave a playful frown. "Oh come on baby, don't you miss me?" She teased, her hand reaching out too stroke my chest but I was too quick and grabbed her wrist tightly. It was sad to say but I kind of reveled in the slight wince that flashed on her face, but then it was gone. In replace, was a look of seduction as she slimed her way closer to my body.

"Like it rough don't you?" She purred, her chest suddenly coming in firm contact with mine.

I immediately scowled and released her wrist. In turn, she rolled her eyes and maneuvered herself around my body, stepping fully into room. I looked daggers at her as she slowly swayed her way over to my desk, making herself comfortable on top of it.