Chapter 26

Got a bit carried away with the chapter to be honest.

Chapter 26

Jason's POV

"You're taking all your prenatal medicines right, Mr.O'Connor?" Dr. Stanley asked whilst taking off the sonogram machine.

"Yes he-" I started.

"She didn't ask you," Riley interrupted crossly, glaring daggers at me and I sighed against the wall, giving him a wary look.Two weeks had passed and he still hasn't forgiven me for hanging up on him. The situation was driving me absolutely crazy. Not only has he moved me to the living room couch but he's also stopped talking to me, except the minor necessary questions he asks during the course of the day. 

"Yes I do take the them everyday," He said turning his head back to the Doctor. Her eyes flickered between the two of us, clearly now aware with the tension. I was surprised she didn't notice it before because once we got in the room Riley had not said one word to me. I mean there was small coo's of awe and shock when he looked at how big the baby has grown inside of him at six months. But other than that, we were silent the whole time.

She cleared her throat, shifting the clipboard under her arm. "Well, since you're almost close to the due date of the baby and we've seen the development show, I think it's time I ask some questions about your health situations and such so we can accurately see if the baby may have any later diseases in their life."

Riley took a side glance at me and then returned his gaze back to the doctor.

"Erm, if you two would like to do this separately it's-"

"We'd like that, right Jason?" She gave me a pointed look, completely telling me I better choose the right answer. I immediately wondered when I became the woman in this relationship, but I knew the answer to that quickly - I probably shouldn't have hanged up on him mid sentence.

My jaw clenched. "Sure, I'll step outside." 

The doctor gave me an apologetic look. "I'll call you in when I'm ready for you. It will only take a minute," She said and I nodded, retreating out the door.

I stood there watching the plain green walls, and the fluorescent light flicker occasionally until the doctor announced me in. Riley opened the door, hand on his stomach, shouldering past me. I huffed and walked through the door.

"Okay Mr. Harley," She said, eyes focused on her clipboard. "Now I'm only going to ask you a couple of personal questions. Remember this is for the benefit of the baby and will not be used against in any shape or form."

I nodded my approval.

"Ever done any drug, Mr. Harley? It could be marijuana, cocaine-"

"A little bit in high school and college," I said quickly.

"Never addicted, right? Never had to get drug addiction treatment?"

"No."

"Any medical problems as a kid?"

I shrugged. "I had walking pneumonia as a kid. Then a couple bad flu's here and there but nothing serious."

She nodded, jotting down the information on the clipboard "Any stress disorders that you had to take medication for?"

I paused at that question. "I was prescribed some anxiety pills when I was younger because of..night terrors and school situations." It was given to me around my junior high school years and they said it all the nightmares and silence in school was most likely because of the absence of my father. When my father found out about it, he had verbally told me to get over it  and stop acting like a faggot. Of course, my mother wasn't there to witness the verbal altercation because if so she would have definitely have words for my father. But after that day, I had went to the bathroom to flush the pills down the tablet, and the new found hatred and distaste for my father helped my confidence up just a little bit.