Chapter 20

Chapter 20

I've never in a million years thought moving to New York city was going to turn my world literally upside down. After the death of my mother- I thought things would not necessarily go downhill from there but I was indeed losing someone that had truly knew me from front to back.

She was beautiful, intelligent, and the best mother that I could ever dream of having. She was there through thick and thin and was the best supporter when I came out at age 14. That night I finally confessed my sexuality she had simply smiled and told me 'l'll love you no matter what race, gender, and age you prefer'. Her words had warmed my heart and as I came back into the present I wondered if I could ever make a good parent to my son.

I was brought out of my thoughts as I felt Jason shift a little behind me. We were currently sitting on the couch. Me sitting feet up on the coffee table and sprawled between his legs while he rubbed tender caresses to my stomach.

I frowned as I felt his body shift again, I tilted my head back to peer up into his piercing gray eyes. "Is this position uncomfortable?"I asked, ready to stand up.

He shook his head. "No, no. It's not that," He said stilling my movements.

"Then what is it?"

He sighed and I felt his chin place itself on my currently tousled hair. "It's just - I was wondering what we're going to do about the baby-"

My eyes narrowed. "What do you me-?"

"Not like that. I mean, living arrangements and our relationship. The baby's due in a couple months right?"

I picked up the remote and muted the daytime sitcom, knowing this conversation was one that was inevitable since I told Jason about the baby.

"I don't know about that, really. I've already set the nursery up here," I say because it was true. I didn't know where to go from here. I mean, it's not like Jason and I are strangers anymore because we did inf fact date for a couple of weeks. I knew he had a loving mother and apparently a wicked father that cared only about himself and his money. I know he's lived in New York all his life and I even know about some of his embarrassing childhood memories.

There was suddenly a pause. "Why don't I buy us a house," His hand rubbed a circle on my bump. "All three of us."

My eyes slightly widened at that and I had to turn my body around - with a struggle- so that I can tell if he was being serious. As I looked on his chiseled face I could tell there was only sincerity that marred his features.

"That's-" I was lost for words.

"Wherever you want, and we can even get married before the baby is born". The minute the words fell out his mouth irritation rose up in my chest unbeknownst.

"Are you kidding me?" I say because I honestly don't know what's running through his head right now. A part of me was irritated because- was that supposed to be my marriage proposal I've been waiting for my whole life? And the other part of me was flattered that he wanted to sweep me and the baby off our feets and place us anywhere we wanted. But to be honest, this whole conversation is starting to overwhelm me.

I grasped the side of my head and gave an audible huff. "Jason we can't just pack up, get married and move to a private island. It's just not realistic,"

He suddenly reached forward and grasped my face in his big strong hands. His eyes were big, dreamy and distant as if he was already visioning the future of us living one big happy family in a house. The thought itself was exciting too, but life isn't that easy. Never that simple.

"Yes it is," He stated firmly. "It can if we want it to. Come on Riley think about it. " He said softly rubbing his thumb against my cheeks. "Me. You. And our baby boy could live anywhere you want. London, Paris, Australia, Bahamas. Anything you want." He says and I almost find myself caving in until I thought about the fact that Jason and I were happy now but what about the next time he decides to disappear again.