Chapter 17

Sorry for this short and shitty chapter. And also sorry things are speeding up but I don't think I'm the only way that really wants Riley to have the baby already. Am I right?    -Ooreos

Chapter 17

Jason's POV

It took me five weeks to get enough solid information to confront my father. That night when James had told me about the things my father did, it took me a week to gather myself together. James and I had tried to come up with a plan of action but I couldn't even focus straight with the amount of business trips and meetings that were piled on each other after the week I has taken off to gather myself.

When I had finally came up with a plan of action my mom had informed that my father wasn't around. Apparently he was on a business trip with the slime ball he calls a best friend. That relatively postponed the conversation I planned to have with him.

I had felt horrible too for ignoring Riley but deep down I knew it was better if I sorted out my problems first. I wanted to come to him with a clean slate even though I threw three phones across the the wall because of the driving urge to text him and call him.

Finally, the day has arrived when I could be able to speak to him and I found myself weirdly panicking. My palms were sweaty and I was constantly shifting in my seat as I drove to Rileys house, heart on my sleeve.

I was so happy the plan worked and I had made sure to pay James his fare amount of money that he well deserved.

Although, the conversation with my dad still kept pushing its way to the front of my brain.

Two days ago

Once I got the call from James that my father was indeed home, I pulled up to the front of my parent's house, heart pounding behind my chest as adrenaline rushed through my veins. I slammed the car door and walked over to their front door, pounding furiously on it. My poor bewildered mother opened the door as I demanded where my father was.

She tried to calm me down but I wasn't hearing it, I was running purely on my rage and anger and needed to let it out somehow.

"Where are you, you sick bastard!?" I stormed over to his office my mother running after me, slamming it open only to see my father in the middle of a call.

He glared at me, his face starting to go red in anger. "Jason what the hell-" He started.

"Shut the fuck up." I snapped and I vaguely heard the shocked gasp behind me as I walked over to him, pulling him up by the front of his shirt and then slamming him to the wall.

"Jason stop t!" My mother cried out but I wasn't hearing her harsh sobs and protests.

"Go in the kitchen, Martha". My father spat at my mother through gritted teeth.

"You don't tell her what to do." I growled. "Now, can you explain to me how you stole 85 million from a company, huh? How the fuck did you do it, you sick bastard?"

His eyes suddenly turned panic. "I-I-I don't know what you're talking about". He said and I scowled, slamming him against the wall again, hard enough to make him choke out a gasp.

"Yes you do. You know exactly what I'm talking about, dad". I growled because I knew he hated when I called him that. It had nearly caused me an ass kicking the first time I said the word.

He visibly flinched. "Jason, you don't know what you're getting yourself into. This is business an-"

"It's not fucking business when it's you deciding who the fuck I should marry and have kids with". I yelled in his face, my hand shaking in anger as I thought of ever having kids with her.

"Jason listen-"

"No, you listen." I snapped, holding him up higher against the wall since he was relatively shorter than me. "I'm not marrying her, okay? I refuse to. Whatever deals you had with the Josephs are over or else I will go straight to the police and tell them you were the one and him were responsible for the collapse in Pedro corp"

The man paled immensely, but he sneered the next words as if he wasn't affected at all by the threat, "You can't do that because you'd loose your business."

"I don't care about the fucking money". I bluffed, carefully. "You and Mr.Joseph will spend your life in jail for what you've done. Is that what you want dad, huh? Be someone's little bitch and rot inside a cell for the rest of your life?"

I knew I got him the minute the rom when silent. "Now what you're gonna do now is dial Mr. Joseph and tell him there will be no wedding. You can tell him someone knows the truth but do not even mention my name." I said and dropped him, his body falling heavily on the floor as I walked around the table and picked up his old fashioned office phone.

I turned back to my father, once I realized it was in fact working and had a dial tone. "Call him". I demanded and he snatched it aware, giving me one last piercing glare before he looked down and dialed the number. I had to laugh as I noticed his struggle because his hands were shaking like a life. Look how the table's have turned, I thought to myself.

Soon enough my father had the phone to his ear, glancing over at me once or twice. "Hello John?...Yes, I've got that handled but I need you to know something...Someone knows...They know about the-....John calm down...I don't know how they found out...". He gave me a pointed look as he continued the conversation. I leaned against the desk my arms crossed.

"It won't get out...No-it won't...I can't tell you that...He's standing right here...There's a way it wouldn't get out....Look John, all we have to do is cancel the wedding with Jason and your daughter..We have to we have no choice...The money...John, no one will find out just do this or we risk life in jail." Suddenly he went silent and dropped the phone, signaling the line went dead.

"The marriage is done". He said and with that I walked out because it was really the only thing I came for.

***

PRESENT (The day after Jason confronted his father)

Riley's POV

I sat there for what seemed like hours as I stared at my phone, my heart heavy. Different emotions had started rumbling through my head as I thought about whether I should go or not. Pain and anger at being shunned to the side once again by this man.

But what mostly centered at my heart was desperation and guilt. The two emotions didn't go together but if anything, I should be strong enough to tell Jason about his son or daughter. Whether he wanted to be apart of the baby's life was his choice. With that thought in mind, I got up and walked to the front door.

I was ashamed to say it took me more than five minutes to actually open the door. I had literally stood there shaking in fear, scary thoughts making its way to the fromt of my brain as I contemplated his rejection. Until I rubbed my stomach protectively, and let out a shaky breath.

I pulled the door open and the breathing quickened up the minute I laid eyes on Jason. He was dressed in a pair of black jeans and a button down shirt and leaning casually against a very beautiful BMW convertible. I had to blink twice to actually realize he was actually standing there, and this wasn't some type of dream. I'd been waiting for this for weeks, to see him, that it all felt so surreal. I watched as his beautiful blue-grey raked my body, stopping suddenly on my stomach an unexplained expression coming across his face.

At that, I started towards him. "Riley." He breathed, as I reached him.

I nodded at him and shifted uncomfortably as his gaze remained on my stomach. 

"What happened to your stomach, Riley?" He threaded carefully, his voice noticeably shaking. His gaze flicked up to mine, a vulnerable expression taking over his face that made my body completely melt. It was rare thing to see something like that from Jason. 

I took a deep breath and the words fell out my mouth as I exhaled, "I'm pregnant Jason".