Epilogue

A/N: THANK YOU ALL FOR READING. YOU'VE BEEN THE BEST. 2ND BOOK SHOULD BE POSTED BY EITHER THE END OF TODAY OR SATURDAY, (Depends on if I feel up to going to the gym today)

Epilogue

Riley's POV

"Ducky, ducky!" Theo splashed his arms dementedly against the water. His bright blue eyes were trained on the duck in my lap and I wouldn't hesitate to give it to him of it wasn't for the fact that we had guests waiting for him downstairs.

"No baby, we gotta get out now." I said trying to reach for him but he shook his furiously, his lips starting to quiver.

"Teddy don't start crying or else I'll go call papa and tell him to eat all your cake." I scolded lightly, but of course I'd never actually go through with it.

"No, daddy." But he probably thought I would because he whimpered and rubbed his eyes with his soapy hands.

I grabbed his towel off the counter before his eyes started burning.

"You gonna get out now?" Wiping off his face, he blinked at me and stood up.

"Good boy." I smiled and pecked his cheek. I then wrapped my arms around his body and picked him out the tub, wrapping the towel around his nudity.

"How old are you today, Teddy?" I looked at him and asked. His blue eyes brightened as he gave me an almost toothy smile holding up two numbers.

"Two daddy. I'm two!"

"Two? You sure you're not four?" I joked walking into his room.

I placed him down on the ground. "No, I'm two years old." He face palmed himself in frustration and I laughed, heading into his closet.

"What's your outfit today, Teddy? It's your birthday you choose."

I turned around and raised an eyebrow at him as he ran to his drawer , his towel falling off in the process, and opened it.

"What are you looking for?" I walked over to him, picking up his towel from the floor.

It took him a second but he pulled out a cheetah print track suit that Christopher had gotten him for Christmas.

"This one daddy!" He half closed the drawer back and turned around holding the clothing up.

I pouted at the ridiculous looking outfit. "You sure you don't want to wear a suit or something. Or you're cool batman outfit Uncle Tony gave you?"

He shook his head. "This one, please."

I sighed in defeat and grumbled for him to get on the bed so I could lotion him up and place the clothes on him.

After we finally finished with his hair and outfit, Theo was jumping around in anticipation as he went downstairs.
Jason was the first one to see the outfit and he widened his eyes and gave me an amused look.

I shrugged."It's his birthday." I opened the glass door to the backyard letting Theo out and as soon as everyone saw him they all shouted Happy Birthday, whooping at his outfit. The place was packed with friends of mine, Theos friends from the neighborhood, Jason's mom and Jason's father, who I was actually surprised to see here. I hadn't seen him in a year, when Jason finally introduced us.

Three months after Theo was born Jason got set home not guilty against criminal charges of murder and fraud from his business. Jason's father though faced a year in jail, and it would have been more hadn't Jason mother begged her son to put his father to be instead on house arrest. His fathers friend on the other hand face 15 years of fraud and scheming since he was the one who gave Jason's father the money. To say the least, I was relieved Jason didn't get taken away from me.

Teddy was red from either all the attention or excitement and all of a sudden ran into my legs, hugging it fiercely as he placed a finger in his mouth shyly.

I place my hand on his back. "Come on, Teddy. Go say hi." He looked at me and I smiled reassuringly. I then watched as he went over to the one friend from across the block who seemed extremely fond of him.

I took a seat on a chair watching him converse with his friend when suddenly Christopher walked over, a red drink in hand.

"I'm loving that track suit on him. Should've wore my pair too."

I made a gag sound in the back of my mouth and he started laughing.

"Ah man, Rain would've love this." He stated, plopping a seat next to me.

"Yeah." He only had a chance to visit last year for Theo's 1st birthday but it was okay. I knew he was busy.

"So when are you two love birds getting married?" He said after a minute and I looked at the sparkling engagement ring on my finger.

I opened my mouth to answer when suddenly another voice did it for me. "Whenever he wants to."

I looked up and pouted as Jason came forward and bumped Christopher off the seat.

"Hey!" He cried out in shock but Jason only grinned at him lightly.

"Don't marry this asshole. I changed my mind, you don't have my approval."

I raised my eyebrows in amusement. Jason and my friends had seemed to get closer the more they came over and it was kind of cute that he could make himself comfortable enough to fight with my friends.

"I wasn't aware that I needed one."

"Well you do." He crossed his arms and walked away, leaving his drink behind.

I took the opportunity to pick it up surprised to see it was only a strawberry cocktail. "I guess I can't marry you any more." I looked at Jason sideways as he rested his palm on my thigh.

"With marrying me comes advantages, you know." He said cleverly, sneaking his palm an inch closer to my groin.I trembled in anticipation but rested my palm on his, halting his movements.

"It's Teddy's birthday and we're in public. Not to mention you're parents are sitting right there." I looked over at them. "By the way did you invite your father?"

"My mother did." He answered then looked at me. "But then again I guess I did invite him because I told her she could bring a guest if she wanted."

I sighed a long breath. "I'm not angry just curious because he's the main reason why we're not married yet. I want our family including our relationship with your father to be stable, Jason."

"But I am fine with him."He promised.

"No you're not. I'm not either." I corrected. "Did you even say Hi to him yet or are you ignoring him?"

He looked at me. "You didn't say anything to him either."

"I know but that's only because I'm constantly worried what's gonna come out his mouth next. Remember last year?" I looked at his eyes firmly.

Last year during his fathers first year in jail, Jason and I had both visited him on his mothers fine request. It has started out fine with introductions and such until the man and said in his words stated "I'm not trying to be rude but I wanna give some advice. I think it's best if you two don't have intimate moments in front of my grandson so that he doesn't become influenced to like a man".

That day, it seemed I was off my meds because I nearly lunged across the glass screen and throttled him. The nerve of him, I had clenched my jaw so tight I felt it nearly break and I stood up to walk out the room.

Apparently according to Martha, Jason's father apologized sincerely and I forgave him but I was terrified to speak to him now.

"He shouldn't be the reason why you don't want to get married, babe."
Jason turned my face with his finger. I stared into his steely eyes and smiled sadly.

"I wanna be a big whole happy family."

"He's doesn't have to be apart of it. If you don't feel comfortable with him around then it's done."

I looked away and huffed a breath. "We can get married in the summer."

I reveled at the way Jason's face suddenly beamed. "Yeah? You ready to stay with me forever and ever."

I leaned my forehead against his.

"And ever and ever."