Chapter 16

RAIN AT THE SIDE >>

Chapter 16

"So what color paint are you looking for?" I vaguely heard Rain's voice as I frowned at my phone. "Riley!" He snapped to get my attention and I finally looked up from the phone.

"Oh. Sorry Rain". I huffed and placed the phone in my pocket, directing my attention around the baby store.

"What's wrong?" He said, genuine concern in his eyes.

I sighed warily, grabbing a cart. "It's Jason. He hasn't texted, called. Nothing, for a whole three days." The fear lingered somewhere in my heart, that he might have found out about the pregnancy but I quickly pushed it away.

I watched annoyance flashed behind Rain's eyes. "I told you this whole time that he's using you for sex or something. It'll never work". He growled and I immediately stopped the cart, anger bubbling at the pit of my stomach.

I glared at him. "I wasn't have sex with him. Not that it's any of your business anyway". I snapped and he looked away from me.

"I'm sorry, okay?" He exhaled and ran a hand through his hair. "I just don't want you too hung up on this guy if you didn't even tell him about your situation."

"I was planning to tell him this week... but it's like he's disappeared." I said because I was honestly pondering telling him the truth. I was definitely showing now and things had been going good so far and it seemed like the perfect time. I didn't know how he'd react but I would hope it wouldn't be too bad.

Rain stepped closer to me and held my chin with his extremely tattooed palm. I felt my eyes widen at the action. "I just want you to be careful. You have a baby on the way and you already have people around you that care for him/her and you." He muttered, his brown eyes wide as if he was trying to tell me something but didn't know how to word it.

He's been giving me the same look for the past couple weeks and it's honestly weirding me out. Rain was a great friend and we were close but sometimes he looked at me as if he wanted to be more than friends. I always threw the idea out the window as soon as it came across my mind.

I raised my hand removing his hand from me chin then gave him a crooked smile. "I understand and I really appreciatethings you've been doing for the past weeks. You're a great friend." I accentuated the word, almost feeling guilty when he stepped back and nodded, his face completely void of emotion.

"Tony and Sapphire suggested since I didn't know the sex of the baby yet I should paint the room purple." I tried changing the subject to clear the awkward air and gratefully, he turned and grimaced.

"That's the worst color ever. I curse the person who made it." He said and I laughed totally agreeing with him.

**

After we finished shopping for some things that were going to be put in the nursery, Rain dropped me home and we both grabbed the bags from the back of the seat; Rain fetching the heavier things. I opened the door, hefting the slightly heavy bag up the stage, Rain behind me.

"Honey I'm home!" I yelled as I walked in the living only to gasp horrified as I witnessed a naked Christopher scrambling off an also very naked Rune. I turned my head away, completely scarred.

What happened to theirbedroom!

"OH, MY EYES!" Rain yelled from behind me, the bags sounding as if they dropped from his hands to the floor. He heard his footsteps run to the kitchen.

"Not the couch, guys! Jesus!" I yelled as I closed my eyes tight, hearing the tell tale sound of clothes being put on.

"Shit. I'm sorry! Sorry sorry!" Christopher yelled guiltily, his breaths still sounding as if he ran a mile. "I thought you were going to your appointment after going shopping. I wasn't expecting you till later!