Chapter 11

Chapter 11

After a kind dreading week of work, trudging and trying desperately to avoid eye contact with Jason, I finally made it to the weekend. Weekends I had free and so did Christopher...

"Oooh! Let's go in here." Christopher grabbed my wrist and pulled me into a trendy looking store.

This had to be the fifth store we walked into thus far and if I wasn't having a baby I probably would have been a little excited to grab some new clothes but my feet were aching from standing so long and my stomach was growling at me, insisting it be fed.

I hated to be the downer and I had yet to tell Christopher about the baby. Throughout the week, I had caught him once or twice gazing at me worriedly and it didn't help that I started waking up early to throw up in the bathroom. Christopher had asked profusely if I needed a doctor and I'd only tell him no and make up some excuse that the doctor gave me pills that I was suppose to be taking for the stomach flu.

When he caught me lazing around my room with nothing to do, he insisted I go shopping with him and I barely had a word out before he grabbed some clothes out the closet and pitched them at me, stating that I needed to hurry because the mall is usually full on Saturdays.

"Okay what do you think? Black or green?" He held up a black and green button down shirt in front of his lean chest and gazed at me in question.

"Erm..I don't really know. Maybe the green, it looks nice with your eyes." I said uncertainly and his eyes widened in acceptance.

"You're so right." He nodded and threw the shirt over his left arm. While he shifted through the numerous items of clothing, I spied a seat in the corner and huffed in relief as I took a seat.

Christopher's eyes shifted to mine. "What, you're tired already? We've only been to a couple of stores." He asked curiously, squinting at the size of a pair of studded blue jeans.

I sighed and leaned back in the hard chair. At least I was off my feet. "I know. I'm just tired is all."

"Ri, you've been tired all week." He frowned and walked over to me, taking a seat beside me and laying the clothes over his lap. His green eyes peering into mine skeptically.

"Seriously Ri, if there's something...you need to tell me don't be afraid to. I'm here for you, you should know that." His voice was soft and sincere and I actually believed that I could trust him. I had no reason not to.

But how could I tell my roommate, or possibly best friend that I was having a baby when I haven't even told myself out loud yet. This whole thing felt like a dream that I couldn't shake myself out of. The doctor said it was a rare thing to happen to a guy but why me, out of all the millions of other men in the world. I wasn't ready for this, but killing a baby just would make me feel guilty and regret would be in my heart from that day on.

Could I trust him to keep this secret?

I felt my eyes well up as I debated whether or not I should finally let this secret out because admitting to someone else meant I was finally admitting it to myself.

"Christopher...I'm pregnant." I whispered softly.

For a minute there was only silence, followed by a snicker that immediately rose heat to my cheeks. I raised my head only to see his face contorted as if he was holding a laugh that wanted to burst out.

My cheeks burned as I realized e was laughing at me and most likely didn't believe me.

"I-I'm sorry". He said through chuckles.

I narrowed my eyes. "I'm serious Christopher! This is not funny." His face was flushed as he held up a finger, trying to compose myself.

I wanted to hit him. I can't believe he was fucking laughing at me like it was a game. I didn't know the reaction that he was going to have but laughing definitely wasn't what I had in mind. I felt dumb and once again filled my eyes as I cursed lowly and stood up, dead set in mind to leave the idiot in the store and go home.