Chapter 10

A/N: I hate quick writings because they always come out sucky, but I didn't want you guys to wait too long for a chapter update because it's summer time.

Chapter 10

The clear ding of the elevators signaling my work floor had me tensing instantly as the doors slowly opened.

I took in a shuttery breath and stepped out the elevator, gazing around the crowded office floor that still consisted of the designed cubicles and shrieking telephones. Unconsciously, I reached down to rub at my stomach, already feeling either the fluttery nerves of being back in the office or a sign of the baby.

I cringed inwardly. Baby? The mere idea of myself having a baby..., it brought tears to my eyes. I was a guy. I guy, a guy that only wanted to grow up and live a little. I wanted love and passion, something I deserved after lacking in it for all my life. I didn't what I was going to do. How was I going to tell...

"Mr. Oconner! You're back." I snapped my head to the side to see a familiar bald head guy with a wide grin spread on his face. He held a folder in his hand as he walked over to me.

"How ya doing?" He gave me a weird look as if he was scanning me and I felt myself shift uncomfortably.

I managed to give him a small smile. "Erm fine." He nodded and started walking towards the mail room, I followed behind him.

"That's good. Well today might be a downer because we got a lot of mail stacked up or you." He turned and winked at me. "But I'm sure you'll be fine". He said finally and walked away.

I unwrapped the messenger bag from my body and set it aside. I craved some coffee to settle my nerves but I read up some information on the Internet stating coffee was bad for the baby when woman were pregnant. Then again, I wasn't a woman and who was I to care for a baby I didn't even want. But I knew deep down in my heart I couldn't go through an abortion, my mom would be thoroughly disappointed from her seat in heaven.

Snapping out of my depressing thoughts, I sighed heavily as I took notice of the packed mail boxes.

Coincidently, my eyes landed on Jason's name and I felt my body slump against a counter in defeat. God, what was I going to do about him? I knew the guy never wanted anything out of me but sex and I probably should have known better than to sleep without a guy without a condom.

But...he makes me feel so good and lost and all coherent thoughts vanish when I look at him. And to hear from him that he didn't want a commitment , it struck me like a boulder. I couldn't tell about it. I just couldn't. It would ruin his life and it was technically my fault, I was the one that gave him permission, I was the one at fault here.

And with that thought in my head, I thought maybe...just maybe...I could survive seeing him. I could walk in there with my head held high and speak with a normal tone, I wouldnt falter my words and he would just ster at me in wonder...because he would be suprise of how strong I was and how I could care less about the guy who took my virginity.

But even I knew I was kidding myself.

***

Jason's POV

"No, I will not be home Caroline." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. The woman's voice was nails on a chalkboard to me. Every time she spoke I just wanted to yell in frustration.

"Well will you at least come to dinner with me at..."

"No." I snapped and slammed the phone on its hook. I huffed and leaned back in the leather office chair. Early morning and she was already getting on my nerves, I could already feel my head getting heavier signaling an oncoming headache.

Deciding to focus back on the stacks of paper on my desks, I leaned forward and was ready to shuffled through them when a knock sounded at the door.

I glanced up only the see the boy that stole my breath every time he came near me. The one I've missed holding a being inside. I regretted ever insisting a non-comittable with him but there was nothing I could do. And even though this boy...man, made me lose control without a doubt, I couldn't disappoint my family especially my mother. My eyes immediately captured his and even through the thick glass, his green eyes sparkled and the way his pants clung to his body told me that when he turned around I would be done for.

I realized I've been staring too long when he shifted his satchel bag and gazes around nervously. Trying to compose myself, I sat up and gestured him with two fingers to enter.

"Erm, good morning Mr. Harley-" His soft voice simultaneously made my head feel lighter, it soothed me down to my very core that I found myself relaxing against the chair.

"You don't have to be formal Riley".

He only gave me a tight smile and reached in his messenger bag, retrieving two small letters. "I have your mail." He walked closer to my desk, an electric current flowing between us, and I immediately got to my feet only to have a horrified look take over his face and he took a step back.

"Don't-" I opened my mouth but it snapped shut when he shook his head and his horrified look turned to defeat. "Please, just don't. You don't have to say anything because you said everything that you had to in the car. I don't need your pity."

I narrowed my eyes and stepped closer grabbing his hand a strong grip, tingles erupted up my hand and I sucked in a much needed breath. "I'm not giving you pity Riley. I just... want to apologize." I knew that's not what he wanted to hear and by the way his eyes sparkled with anger told me I was wrong.

"I told you I don't need your fucking pity". He said through gritted teeth and smacked my arm away. "I'm fine. You said it yourself, you're my boss and nothing else."

His words stung me hard and I found myself also growing angry at the false accusation. "I never said that and you know it."

A lone tear tracked down his cheeks and I wished to wipe it away an take away his pain but I knew he needed his space and I would only get rejected if I got near him. But that didn't mean it didn't tear something out of me, like my heart was being ripped in two.

He licked his lips and glanced up, harshly wiping away the tear. "Well you know what Mr. Harley, it doesn't matter anymore does it. Here's your mail." He thrust the mail at me and I sighed, collecting it from his hand but not before making sure to brush our hands causing that familiar spark to unite between us.

"Riley-"

"Bye." With one final glance he walked away without a look over his shoulder.