Chapter 27

Soooooo sorry for the late update. I have NO excuse except for the fact that I didn't know how far I wanted the plot to move. I probably wrote this over three times before I finally decided. But I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for readinggg:)

JASONS FATHER>>

Chapter 27

 Jason's POV

I watched the beautiful garden my mother always kept in top notch pass by as I rolled the car in front of my parents large house. My visit was unexpected but I knew both of them were home. A month has passed by and the hired investigator, James and I, have not heard or seen anything from Caroline or her father. It's like they'd disappeared out of thin air and the fear lingered that when they did come out of their hiding spot they'd make a grand entrance. 

Standing in front the large door, I pressed the doorbell and heard it chime before it opened to reveal my mother. The first thing I noticed was her tired eyes, that looked a bit hollowed and distant, but she didn't fail to put a smile on her face when saw me.

"Baby," She breathed, bringing me into a warm hug. I inhaled her familiar scent of rich lavender flowers

"I'm sorry," I whispered into her neck. I inhaled her rich lavender scent that I was still familiar with even though it had been a long time since we've seen each other.

She pulled back, holding my shoulders and searched my face. "You have no right to be sorry, yeah? I was the one that..." 

"You had a right to," I insisted. "Mom, you came to me for help and I turned you down like an ungrateful bastard. If anyone should be sorry it's me because you were the only one that was there for me when I was younger. And if it means speaking to him would make you feel better.. then that's what I'll do." I looked deep into her eyes showing her I meant every word. I watched as her eyes turned glossy with unshed tears.

Her lips trembled as she said, "I love you so much, Jason. You're the best son a mother could ask for." She then followed by pulling me into another hug, this time more fierce as if she didn't want to let me go.

"I love you too," I said and kissed her cheeks. Pulling back, I asked, "He's in his office I assume?"

She bit her bottom lip and nodded. "Yes, but please... try to be at least little understanding, yeah?"

I smiled at her, stepping back."No promises."

She shook her head, a hint of a smile on her face. "I'll be in the kitchen if you need me," She said and I nodded, watching her walk away.

Standing in front of his office door, I knocked twice, choosing this time not to barge in. 

"Martha, I'm kind of busy sweetheart." He called out, and I closed my eyes at the way his voice softened even though he didn't know it was me standing outside. I've never heard his voice so endearing or soft except when he talked to my mother and there was no doubt in my mind that the two loved each other.

"Its me," I replied, opening the door to reveal myself. The man looked up alarmed at my voice and I watched as his clean shaven face paled.

"Jason," He gasped and stood up as I walked in, closing the door behind me.

"Don't be so surprised dad." I snapped. "You're the one who wanted to talk to me." I crossed my arm and leaned against the door.

I watched as he cleared his throat and looked away. "I did..I did want to speak to you. I just wasn't sure you were going to after-"

"After I found out that you've stolen from an entire company, basically endangering peoples lives, and locked me in a marriage I never wanted to be in." I finished.