Chapter 14

Just wanted to say Hi. And I would be really grateful for some more comments so that I can see how you guys are feeling about the story so far. If there's any change that you request, and I can take it into consideration. Its quiet now so...I'm just using my creative brain.

RILEY'S SEVEN WEEK PHOTO on the side >>>>

Chapter 14

"Hello?" Jason's voice said across the phone. I stayed silent. "Riley- are you there?"

"Y-y-yeah." My face burning hot in embarrassment. I never should have agreed to do this. "Im here".

"How are you doing - I'm sorry. I was going to call you later but got held up at my parents house."

I glanced over at Christopher watching him glacing up at me then back at his phone.

I turned my attention back to the phone. "Yeah? How did it go?" I asked, honestly curious.

I heard Jason let out a frustrated sigh. "Not so well." He admitted. "My father - he's not very easy to talk to."

"Really? What about your mother, isn't she there?"

"Yes, but - it's complicated." There was a honking sound in the background, and I assumed he was driving.

"Are you on the phone and driving?"

A chuckle came through the phone. "Yes, but I have you on speaker. No worries Riley, you're not getting rid of me so soon."

The blush that had faded away from earlier returned full force. "Erm... I called because," I trailed off forgetting what I actually called him for. I tapped the table, getting Christopher's attention away from the phone then looked at him pleadingly. He leaned up in the chair and mouthed 'date'. I frowned.

"Riley? You still there."

I nodded, my memory suddenly coming back. "I called you because I wanted to know when I'll see you again." I rushed out.

"Oh. Oh yeah, I think tomorrow my schedule is clear if you want to come over. Or we could go to lunch."

I mentally cursed, looking up at Christopher and he looked back expectantly. Tomorrow I had promised Rain that he could take me to a doctor's appointment, it being a month and a week into my pregnancy already. "Erm, tomorrow afternoon Im actually busy but-"

"What are doing in the afternoon?" He asked and if possible my eyes got wider.

"Erm..I'm....taking Christopher to the mall..." I stuttered out lamely because I figured the name 'Christopher' was familiar to im since he worked in the same building.

"Oh. Oh okay. Well I guess dinner it is." He sounded amused.

"Okay". I whispered, leaning back and running hand back and forth across my stomach.

"I'll talk to you soon, yeah?"

"Yeah, bye". I murmured and there was a pause. A moment where just our slow breaths could be heard against the phone. The familiar ache of not being able to tell Jason everything I felt made my chest tighten. I wish to be able to able to finish the conversation by telling him the cliche three words that couples tell each other.

"Bye Riley". He breathed and the line went dead.

I looked at the phone depressingly, wishing I could still hear his deep but smooth voice that never failed to make my stomach flutter. I dropped the phone beside me and huffed, glancing over at Christopher. He raised and eyebrow at me.

"What?" He asked slowly.

I shrugged. "I didn't necessary get a bigger apology but at least I got a dinner date."