waking her up after a nightmare

Sweat rolled down your skin as the fear that the awful nightmare caused continued to linger. You couldn't get it out of your mind no matter how hard you tried.

Jesy leaves for tour soon and you knew it wasn't gonna be easy on you with her being gone for so long, but the nightmare you had of her getting hurt after she left made you feel even worse.

The tears in your eyes made your vision blurry. You reached over to shake Jesy's shoulder, her shirt in between your fingertips as you tugged on it. Jesy opened her eyes and groaned, ready to ask you why you woke her up when she heard you sob. She sat up in bed and pulled you to her chest, her hands rubbing your back in soothing circles as you sobbed with your face buried in her neck, your tears hitting her skin.

"Baby what happened?" You clung onto her shoulder, your sobs loud and your body shaking from crying so hard. "I had a bad dream." "Wanna tell me about it?" You shook your head and Jesy kissed you temple before sighing and trying to convince you to tell her what happened.

"C'mon, my love, tell me. It's okay babe, you know you can tell me anything. I can't help you if you don't tell me what happened." She spoke as she peppered kisses along your cheek. "You got hurt." you said softly, fresh tears falling from your eyes as you spoke. "You left for tour and y-you got hurt. Someone hurt you. I don't want you to go, I don't want you to get hurt." You choked and Jesy did her best to calm you, promising you that everything would be alright.

"Baby nothing like that will happen, I promise. I'm gonna be just fine." You lifted your head from her shoulder and Jesy cupped your cheeks making you close your eyes, instantly relaxing with the touch of her hand. "I'm gonna be just fine, and so will you. Nothing's gonna happen. Just take a few deep breaths, my love."

You kept your eyes closed and took some deep breaths, her fingertips on your skin helping you calm down and making it easier to get some air in your lungs. The fear and dreadfulness that once lingered from the nightmare soon vanished and you laid in Jesy's arms with your head on her shoulder while she held you making you feel safe and secure.

"You'll call me every night, right? I'm gonna miss you a lot." Jesy smiled and nodded her head happily. "Of course I will. I'm gonna miss you too baby. But i'm still here with you for a few more days so you close your eyes and try to go back to sleep. I'll be right here when you wake up. I love you so much." "I love you too." You whispered as your eyes drooped and you quickly fell asleep safe in Jesy's arms.