you tell her she's beautiful

All through the morning, Jesy had been acting off.

She seemed down. She wouldn't laugh and she barely even cracked a smile, even after you used all her favorite pet names and made her favorite for breakfast.

You watched as she silently moved the food on her plate around on her fork. Her phone chimed once. Then twice. Then three times. She frowned when she lifted it to check it before setting it face down beside her.

"I appreciate what you did for me y/n but I'm really not hungry. I'm just gonna go back up to bed." She said, every word that fell from her lips quiet and laced with sadness.

You sighed as she walked slowly up the stairs. You threw your fork down, cringing at the loud clang that came afterward as it hit the plate. You got up to put the plates in the sink, but that's when you saw that Jesy had left her phone on the table.

You knew the passcode so you quickly put it in and unlocked it. And that's when you saw it.

The tweets. The disgusting and vile words directed towards your girlfriend. They were awful and sadly seemed to be overshadowing the usual positivity she received. You could never understand why people treated her, or anyone, this way. It was gross and cleat=rly showed their true colors instead of whoever got the short end of the stick that day.

You walked up to the bedroom and saw Jesy laying underneath the covers. Without a word, you climbed on to the bed and crawled on top of her. She didn't even try to push you away. She just wrapped her arms around you and pulled you closer to her.

"I saw the tweets." You mumbled and watched as she opened her mouth to say something, only to close it again a few seconds later.

"You're beautiful. I know sometimes they make you feel like you aren't. But baby, you're the most beautiful woman in the world to me. When I look at you, every single time, all I ever see is beauty. From the inside out, you shine so brightly. You have such a big heart and you love everyone for who they are. You treat everyone with kindness and you love so deeply. You're beautiful. Absolutely stunning. And anyone who disagrees doesn't matter. They just don't."

She was smiling so widely; just like you love to see. "I love you so much. You just know exactly what to say to make me feel better."

You cupped her cheeks as you kissed her, pressing your forehead to hers when you pulled away. "I'm only stating the truth." You said and laid your head on her chest.

She was much happier now, thanks to you.