first ultrasound

You blew out a heavy breath and clutched Jesy's hand as the doctor squirted some of that cold gel onto your stomach.

This was it. This was the day you and Jesy have been waiting for! You're now six weeks pregnant, which means it's finally time to get your first ultrasound done. Despite the nerves, you feel in the pit of your stomach and how gross you feel from being so sick all the time, you're also really excited!

You held your breath as the doctor moved the wand across your stomach. You felt him apply a slight pressure occasionally, but when he pointed to the screen you knew he had found what he was looking for.

"Do you see that right there?"

Jesy furrowed her eyebrows and looked a little closer.

"The little thing that looks like a sweet pea?"

You both nodded.

"That's your baby!"

You chuckled tearfully. The longer you stared at it, the more it sank in. That was your baby. The one you and Jesy have been wanting for so long now. Your dream of having a little family together was finally coming true!

"It's so little." Jesy murmured as she buried her nose into your hair. Her lips barely brushed against your hair, the blur of her tears made it hard to see much else.

"It's looking perfect." The doctor noted. "I think, judging by what I see now, your baby will be here in December."

Jesy grinned, laying her head on your shoulder as a few tears fell from her eyes. "I'm so excited!"

"Me too!" You said.

"I have a question that should make you even more excited. Do you wanna hear your little one's heartbeat?"

You gasped and quickly nodded your head. The most beautiful sound filled your ears just seconds later. You were over the moon upon hearing it. Your baby had a heartbeat and a beautiful and steady one at that.

All of your nerves and worries faded away as you listened to the previous sound. If possible, it only made you more antsy and excited for the next few months to fly by!

"You want some pictures?"

"Lots of them, please!" Jesy said as she squeezed your hand. The doctor chuckled before leaving the room, giving you both a few more minutes to bask in the joy you both felt.

Now that everything was really real, you could start telling your loved ones. You couldn't wait!

Jesy kisses you softly, muttering little words of love and thank you's against your skin. Your dreams were finally coming true!q