Picking up the broken pieces - Shadaze

Shadow the hedgehog was taking a little stroll through the forest for some peace and quiet. It was a nice day with only the sounds of nature and his shoes snapping a twig every now and than. But then he heard someone and they were close so he began the search for whoever it was. Although he was REALLY hoping it wasn't Sonic. As he got closer he could here more clearly, he heard groans and a slight whimpering sound. He finally found the source of the sounds, it was a purple cat princess that he had met before.

"Blaze?" Shadow questioned.

She froze for a moment and cooled her flames before turning to face him. She looked upset. He was surprised, usually she would have an emotionless expression, anger or a small smile but never had she shown sadness or hurt.

"Yes?" Blaze said trying hard not to burst.

"Are you alright?" Shadow asked a bit concerned.

Blaze looked to the ground and said "I'm...fine..."

"Are you sure your ok?" Shadow said stepping closer to her.

Blaze looked up at him again and saw the concern in his eyes. She had never seen that look on him before, no one had and it broke her. She ran at him then hugged him tight and began to cry on his chest.

"It hurts! It really hurts!" Blaze sobbed as tears poured down her face.

Shadow was taken aback by her sudden hug and the crying but he hugged her back letting her cry out the pain. They stayed like that for a while, even after she stopped crying but eventually Shadow broke the silence.

"You ok?" Shadow quizzed looking down at her.

"I...I don't know." Blaze replied her voice a bit shaky.

Before Shadow could say something his phone started ringing. He looked to see who it was and it was Rouge. "Sorry Blaze I should probably take this." Blaze nodded and let go of him.

Shadow-Hello.

Rouge-Hey Shadow what are you up to?

Shadow-why do you want to know?

Rouge-just trying to be nice Shadow. Anyway I might need your help with something later. You interested?

Shadow-I don't know maybe. What will you need?

Rouge-that's classified unless I need your help later. But if I do I'm going to come to your house. Bye.

Shadow-bye

Shadow hung up the phone and said "I'm sorry I have to go."

"NO! Please don't leave..." Blaze begged grabbing his arm.

Shadow was surprised but didn't know what to say, this was the first time he had seen her look so..broken. "Would you like to come with me?" He asked her.

"Please." Blaze whimpered.

So Shadow lead her to his house and she followed close behind. They arrived at his house and Shadow lead her to the couch after closing the door. He looked at her again and saw that she might start crying again. He began to wonder what would cause her this much pain.

Until he finally asked her "Blaze what happened to you?"

She burst into tears again and this time he put his arm around her pulling her close. She leaned against him and Shadow said soothing things to try and calm her. Her body shook as she cried, a little less than before but not much. After a while she stopped crying and pulled away not making eye contact with him.