It's not your fault- sonamy

Soft cries of a pink hedgehog, a steady beeping, and the clicking of a computer keyboard were the only sounds echoing in Tails workshop Sonic was unconscious laying on a table in the shop. He had been there for 2 days since the explosion that destroyed Eggman's lair after rescuing Amy. Sonic didn't brake any bones he just had some cuts and bruises.

Meanwhile Shadow and Silver where at the heap of rubble that was now Eggman's lair searching for none other than Eggman.

"Why are we doing this again" Silver wined to Shadow?

"Because Tails asked us to confirm if Eggman is here or not" Shadow grumbled.

"Why us? Why not Sonic or Knuckles or the chaotix" Silver asked?

"Were you listening to anything Tails said? Sonic is unconscious, Knuckles is guarding the master emerald...with Rouge, and the chaotix are on another mission so that leaves us" Shadow replied.

"Knuckles is guarding with Rouge...Rouge the bat?" Silver questioned?

"Yeah they are on a date while Knuckles simultaneously watches the emerald" Shadow replied again.

"He can't be here because of a date? That isn't fair I had to cancel mine with Tikal" Silver wined again.

"Oh stop wining I had to cancel my date with Blaze too" Shadow growled.

"Well I'm just-" Silver said but Shadow interrupted.

"Look over there" Shadow pointed to a pile of metal. They ran over to it to see a hand poking out. "Help me lift this stuff." So they removed the metal to reveal Eggman laying motionless on the ground so Shadow checked for a pulse. Nothing Eggman was gone. "Tell Tails Eggman is gone our work here is done." So Shadow and Silver left the rubble but before they left Silver texted Tails tell him the news.

Back at Tails workshop a groan came from Sonic causing Amy and Tails to look in his direction Sonic sat up rubbing his head.

"Sonic! Y-your awake th-thank goodness" Amy exclaimed happily as tears continued to run down her face.

"Ug yeah what happened?" Sonic asked?

"You were hurt at Eggman's lair 2 days ago but I think Amy can tell you more since she was there" Tails said but before he finished talking Amy ran out of the workshop crying even harder.

'It's all my fault. It's all my fault. It's my fault he was hurt' Amy thought as she ran as fast as her tired legs would allow.

Back to at the workshop Tails turn to where Amy was but she was gone Tails asked himself "hm where did she go?"

"I...I need to go after her do you think I'm ok to run" Sonic asked Tails?

"Yeah you should be fine" Tails said but then his phone beeped.

Silver: Shadow and I found Eggman's body he's dead.

"Wait Sonic" Tails said but Sonic was already out the door. "Well I guess I should text Amy to let her know about Eggman and that Sonic is looking for her." So Tails texted Amy.

Sonic was running around looking for Amy. He had to talk to her find out what happened and to make sure she was ok after what happened.

Amy had finally stopped running she was to tired from the fight with Eggman and not sleeping since then. She had stopped in an open field and leaned against a large rock. 'Oh he probably hates me. It's all my fault' Amy thought once more as she continued to cry. Amy's phone beeped so she calmed herself as best she could and checked it.

Tails: Shadow and Silver found Eggman he's gone btw sonic is looking for you

A wave of relief swept over her no more kidnapping, no more robot attacks, and a lot less stress Amy could finally relax a little. She wanted to sleep but she wouldn't let herself she felt she didn't deserve to after what happened with Sonic. 'It's my fault.'

Sonic was still searching for Amy he checked some of her usual hiding places her house, Cream's house, the park, and all her favorite stores but no luck. Sonic stopped for a moment and said aloud "Man where is she? I have to find her see for myself that she is ok." Sonic started the search again this time checking random places she could have gone. After another 20 minutes he found her "Amy!" He declared with joy.

Amy gasped as she turned to him and made an attempt to run but Sonic ran to her and grabbed her arm with a strong grip. It wasn't a ruff or harsh grip but one Amy couldn't slip out of. Amy still had tears running down her face.

"Amy what's wrong" Sonic asked concerned? Amy didn't answer right away she tried to escape but it was useless. "Ames what's wrong" Sonic asked again with more concern.

"I...its about...what...what happened. It's...its my fault" Amy sobbed.

"Why? What happened" Sonic asked?

"I...I was kidnapped by metal again and you...you came to rescue me. You got...you got me out of there...you didn't have a scratch but...but you went back in. You told me to stay outside and...and waited for you. I...I stayed and some time later the lair...the lair.." Amy stopped for a moment to gather what she was going to say next. "The lair exploded...and...and I ran up to the rubble...I...I saw you unconscious with a piece of metal on top of you. So I...I got it off of you and brought you to Tails place where...where you stayed unconscious for...for 2 days" Amy said as best she could while crying. "It's my fault."

"How is it your fault Ames" Sonic asked confused?

"Because..." Amy trailed off scared to admit why.

"Because" Sonic questioned?

"Because if I wasn't so weak and stupid then you wouldn't have been hurt" Amy said in anger and sadness. After saying that she just stared at the ground.

Sonic just stared at her for a second then pulled her into a hug "that is so not true Amy you are not weak and stupid and that was not your fault."

"Yes it was. If I wasn't kidnapped than you wouldn't have been there and you wouldn't be hurt" Amy argued.

"But Ames I choose to save you AND to go back in there. It's not your fault" Sonic said.

"But if I had followed you back in there or had not been so weak as to get kidnapped then you wouldn't be there." Amy said then mumbled "At least Eggman is gone now."

Sonic pulled Amy away and held her at arms length then asked "What? What did you say?"

"Eg...Eggman's gone. He died...in the explosion" Amy replied tears still pouring down her face.

Sonic didn't respond he just stared at her for a moment as if he was trying to figure something out. Amy also stared at Sonic wondering what he was about to do. Then without warning Sonic pulled Amy in and kissed her on the lips. Amy was so surprised by this and to her it felt wonderful so she kissed back.

Sonic broke the kiss still holding on to Amy and said "you have no idea how long I've wanted to do that. Now Amy I don't care if I was hurt I care if you were and now that Eggman is gone for good I have to tell you something." Amy didn't respond so Sonic continued "Amy I want to protect you I don't know what I'd do without you I need you in my life I love you."

Amy was awestruck first the amazing kiss then this sweet confession she just stared at him.

"Amy what is it? Say something" Sonic begged.

Amy than hugged him saying "Oh Sonic I love you too!"

Sonic hugged her back happily. They stayed like that for a while until Amy fell asleep in his arms standing so he took her home and from that day they were a couple. One of the cutest couples anyone had ever seen.

THE END!