For I am her

*Edited*

I pressed my face against the string. I parted my leg and twirled my waist to aim my arrow better. My eyes focused on the red part of the board, I could taste my sweat trickling down my face. Finding the position, I narrowed my eyes and pull the string back.

Relaxed, I let go of the string, seeing my arrow slicing through the air with ease.

PAAK.

Bulls eye. I smiled a little, another bulls eye, well that means I didn't lose my skill. I reached over my back and retrieved another arrow, placing them correctly into the bow.

Aim. Shoot. Bulls eye. That's my cycle of my daily shooting training.

Archery; My passion and my pride. I had learn archery for the past 16 years of my life, and archery was my source of entertainment and release.

People of my age had boyfriends, their first night out and went to clubs. While they were partying away, I would curl up on my beloved bed, eat my favorite salted caramel ice cream and binge watched movies and dramas.

Why bother making friends when your last name is known in the country and people are so keen to meet you?

Thankfully, I had one genuine friend who sticked by my side for almost a decade. Of course, that does not meant she approves of my lifestyle but she dealt with it. I can be pretty stubborn if I want to. She had tried persuasion, bribery, threatening but it all didn't work until one day, I gave in.

That was how I met him.

My ex-boyfriend, in a club.

We were together for a year, and soon realized we were not suitable for one another. He was wild, and I was tamed. He was loud and I soft. I guessed that was how the chemistry started as we were so intrigued by our differences. Nevertheless, as quickly as it comes, that intrigue and spark vanished. We were both suffocating, he was constantly searching for new exciting adventures, while I preferred to stay in my comfort zone- watching movies, going for a car ride or even going to an amusement park. Slowly, we drifted apart and the rest was history.

My best friend was obviously unhappy about my break up. She looked even more upset than me- the person who got dumped. In fact, I was the one who comforted her. Oh the irony.

I did not have much hope for a guy and besides, I do have some fantasies of meeting a hot alien guy one day and making alien babies. It was a weird fantasy but regardless, when your daddy works in NASA, alien seems pretty plausible.

Which leads to the most recent news I just found out.

Alien contact.

I did not know what to feel. My fantasy of making alien babies seemed to be so much closer, to the point it was scary. I was having conflicting feelings, NASA had kept many secrets from the world, secrets that are better left hidden, so would NASA announce this news to the world? Could and would they handle and believe that extra terrestrial life exists now? It was no longer a plot in a fantasy book nor a sci-fi movie. It was real now. Can we as a race take this information? 

At least I know one thing for sure.

We are no longer alone in space.
_____________________________________________

*Edited*

Please do vote and constructive criticism are forever welcomed!

Let me know if you like this edition or not!!

xoxo,
AngeliqueChoisuel