Section AX-5

The announcement rang across the area as the door slipped open to a bustling place of voices, machines whirling and occassional sounds of crying.

Crying?

I gulped and my hold on Lucius' hand got tighter. NASA always has secret expeditions not known to the public, the world of science have frequently initiated some pretty dark experiments but this, this sight in front of me is nothing as compared to the ones back on Earth.

The burst of colors throughout Section AX-5 blinded me for a while as my eyes desperately search to regain its balance.

The vast amount of Ozians and machineries in there are breathtakingly huge. How the hell do they have so much space to spare?

Oh yes. Ozias is a planet triple the size of ours and a population that wins us by over just a billion. Of course they have space.

My inner self chatised me. I shook my head for my stupidity and Luxius glanced at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked, probably thinking that I am scared. I gave a small and yet confident smile and shook my head firmly.

With that, Luxius and I walked down to the deeper parts of the section.

There was so many things going on in each aisle and corner that my brain is already in a mess.

A range of experiments, testing out of weapons that I have not seen in my life before, language are spoken that I do not understand and vehicles zigzagging their way around as if they know the route by heart. It is overwhelming.

I notice too that many of the scientists and engineers acknowledge our presence and Luxius quietly nods every now and then. His eyes focus intensely around his surroundings and the work that is going on.

I must say, this look of concentration looks really well on him.

The moment I thought that I blushed. Since when did I find Luxius good looking?

Since you first land your eyes on him stupid. My inner self mocked me. I shook my thoughts away, not wanting to be distracted by the scenes in front of me.

"Drea, are you okay? You look distracted and slightly pale." Luxius' voice wafted into my disorientated thoughts.

I opened my mouth with the initial plan of lying that I am fine and it is so cool. Of course my brain and mouth are not working as one.

"No not really. This is so confusing and scaring. I don't even know if scaring is even a word now maybe it is since we are in Ozias but NASA is not so complicating. What the hell are those? Why is this place so dark. What is going on. Why is this place so huge. I'm scared and overwhelmed. I need some rest. No. I need food. Yes I'm hungry."

Luxius stopped in his tracks and pulled me in front of him. He looked at me with an expression of both curiosity, interest and something I can't put any words to.

It took me a while before I realize that I had just word vomited at him.

Oh my god. Now I look a idiot maybe I am. Holy sweet ice cream. I really need some help.

Luxius' laughter rang across the hall. I heard a metal sound clanging on the floor and that's what woke me up completely.

Luxius was howling as he slapped his legs, doubling over. He is laughing at me. People  around us stop their work and glance at us.

I blushed profusely and darted my eyes everywhere but not Luxius who is currently laughing his ass off.

"Stop it!" I hissed. Luxius glanced at me and laughed even harder for a couple of seconds before composing him. I frowned at him. Now people will think I'm a joke.

The moment Luxius stopped laughing, everyone immediately goes back to work. However, I can see they are chatting among themselves and eyes flickering to us, especially to me.

Despite my annoyance to Luxius, I edge closer to him. He is after all the only person I know and trust down here.

Luxius notice my movement and automatically grabs my hand. How does he even notice such small details?

Suddenly, a huge metal door came into view. Luxius looked at me, and I nodded.

What more shit can there be?

Luxius approached it and press both hands onto the door. A light came bursting down and scanning his entire being. A needle poked into his arm, drawing a tiny drop of blood into the light and disappeared. Wow. That is the first time I have seen such a security technology.

The door groans opened and Luxius went in, I hurriedly follow suit. As we make our way down another hallway, I notice that Luxius have been walking in front of me. That is a first as he always walk side by side with me. When I tried to do so, he will gently and subtly push me behind.

What is going on that Luxius suddenly became so protective?

I zoom into his hands and a gun was dangling, his hands already on a trigger, ready to shoot at any moment's notice.

Before I can ask him what is the weapon for, a huge glass container appears in front of me.

I devoured the sight in front of me. The container has its walls wired with some kind of electricity. There are metal like structures supporting the top and along the sides of the container.

"Oh my my my. Who do we have here? An Earthling? It has been centuries since I step on Earth. Earthling still smell as delicious as ever." a voice resonated. My eyes zoomed in on the creature.

I let out a little screech as I tumbled backwards.

"Mmm that sound is music to my ears. That fear I can taste it everywhere in my body."

My eyes widen in pure terror.

It is him.

It is the alien that we humans conjured in the cinematic universe.

However, that is not what I'm so surprised about.

The thing that do surprise me is...

"Why little Earth girl, you think I can't speak, let alone English?"

It can fucking talk.