First Dinner

*Edited*

Luxius stared at my tense figure and rolled his eyes.

"Are you sure I look presentable? Not too skimpy right, or too tight right? Is this dress even appropriate?! Is there any dress code for Terra?!" I hammered him with tons of questions. My nerves were killing me. My long silky blue dress was hugging my body perfectly which made me feel even more uptight. Isn't it too tight? I can feel it practically hugging my body!

"For the love of my abs, it is ---" He stopped when he saw my look.

"Abs?! Are you kidding me?! It is supposed to be for the love of god!" I cried out, exasperated. Nothing is calming me down. The thought of having dinner with Luxius' parents was not settling well with me. Sure, I did met his father before, but his mom? NO! Luxius had shown me a picture of his mother and she was absolutely gorgeous but pictures and real life could be very different. Besides, I did not know what kind of meal they eat, what kind of drink do they have.... do they use hands to eat or some kind of weird fancy utensils?

"Fine. Jesus Christ then." Luxius rolled his eyes, "I have told you that you look stunning, and, It. Is. Okay. It. Is. Not. Body. Hugging. " He punctuated every word slowly and clearly, as if I was a child.

"You are not bluffing me right?" I said, calming down a little bit. Luxius let out a frustrated sigh. I chuckled nervously, I knew I was being a bitch but I was having a little mental breakdown, so cut me some slack.

"It is just my parents!" Luxius remarked, raising his eyebrows. I let out a dry laugh, "Precisely! They are your parents! I am not like you who can socialise so easily and talked so amiably with my parents."

Luxius smirked confidently, "You remember? I am really touched wifey. After all, I'm a talented charmer."

Oh, how could I forgot that. Luxius was so confident with his words that my mother was rather smitten and my dad was definitely impressed. After he left, my mum was very happy that the guy I was marrying to is a fantastic gentleman.

Fantastic gentleman. I had a sudden and violent urge to throw this bean bag, which was being innocently placed beside my bed, at him. Luxius must have seen my vicious gaze as he immediately wiped off the smirk off his face.

Luxius sighed, placing both of his hands on my shoulder and looked at me dead in his eyes, "Andrea Nightingale. I know you are a strong girl. If you can handle getting married to an alien and going to a foreign planet light years away from your home, I am sure you can handle meeting my parents."

I looked down at my hands, feeling both guilty and worried. Luxius' words rang in my head. It was true. I had the nerves to come here, and yet I did not have the guts to meet his parents?

"Yeah. You're right. I'm sorry for being a bitch for the past thirty minutes." I apologized, scratching my head embarrassed.

"No need to be sorry wifey, you are already one." He smiled.

I must say that the innocent bean bag was no longer beside my bed.

Luxius was grumbling, apparently still traumatized by what I did. He dodged at an inhuman speed when he saw the bean bag flying straight to his face. The look of horror on his face was so hilarious that it almost masked the fact that he could move so fast.

"Oh come on. You called me a bitch~" I chuckled evilly as I patted his head.

"Still.." Luxius mumbled under his breath. I giggled all the way to the dining room.

The dining room was equally extravagant as the rest of the palace. The table was fairly wide and well-polished. It was dawned with a pretty white tablecloth, and the silverware were sparkling under the chandelier.